St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #22 of 122 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is under construction and it seems like this is also affecting general day to day decision making as well. Some staff were genuinely accommodating and some were cold and bordering on unfriendly.

I was told that there is a shuttle that can take me to my conference site at the Hilton ballpark, then when we went to get it, we were told it does not go there. I tried to make a toll free call and the phone lines went local and I was charged $1 for the error and I had to get a supervisor to remove the charge. It was strange that I could not make toll free calls and was told thats how the system was set up...:/

Like I said, some of the staff were fantastic and some needed to possibly be retrained...so it was a so-so stay...

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
STLUSDoubleTree, General Manager at St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I must be honest with you, as our busiest part of the season approaches we are aggressively staffing-up for the summer. I would wager that the discrepancy you experienced is from new vs. more senior Associates. Hospitality is one of those tricky industries where no amount of initial training creates the perfect Associate. –It’s through time on the floor that we obtain the experience to offer 5-star service. Our Training takes at least four weeks to complete before the advanced items begin. If you recall any of the Associate names who seemed “Green” I would love a chance to sit down with them. You may reach me at jessmyer@stlunionstationhotel.com. I will begin my follow-up to see where all our new players are at with their training programs.

Please also know that the shuttle does not typically go to other properties. This exception for the Hilton Ballpark was a specific, “Group-related” exception and I imagine the message didn’t get to the Associate who gave you the typical answer of “I’m sorry but we don’t go there”. Shame on us for not getting that message down to everyone! I imagine by your next visit you’ll not be able to notice the discrepancy in service.

Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Currently here for business.

Positive : Beautiful place; Visually old style a bit like a church ! Clean rooms ! Staff friendly +++ !

Negative : Construction in the hotel, layout is hard to figure out, wedding party until late at night with music loud +++ ! , the pool is outside and closed at this time of the year :( , Most of the shops in the Union Station Mall are closed.

You might be able to find better in St-Louis ? Closer to the Arc... :P

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I LOVE your positives, they are right on in my opinion! We’re excited that our Midway renovation has begun—this work is turning the vacant stores directly under the hotel into a State-of-the-Art Exhibit Space created for great versatility and large enough to host 140 booths! Although our swimming pool is set to open May 27th, we hope to do a soft opening in two weeks to get ready for the summer heat!! By the time you return you’ll be catching some rays from the pool garden!!

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Room was nice & clean.... Staff was helpful.... Very comfortable stay! I appreciate the old vintage look bc it shows u the history of union station.... I wld definitely stay again.... So if ur looking for a nice & convenient place to stay, this is a good choice!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank askmeabturstay00
STLUSDoubleTree, General Manager at St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Wow - thank you so much for the review! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay, the historic feel of Union Station and your clean room. We really appreciate your review and cannot wait to welcome you again!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights on a business trip. I took the MetroLink from the airport to the hotel. You will need to buy a 2 hour MetroLink pass. It took about 30 minutes to get there(about 10 stops). Once you get off of the Union Station stop, it is about a block walk to the back of Union Station Mall. You will need to walk through the mall to get to the hotel.

The location of the hotel is pretty central. It is about a mile walk to the Gateway. A few blocks to Busch Stadium and the Scottrade Center.

When I checked in, they offered me a free cookie. It was my first meal in St. Louis. Very delicious. I reserved a King bed and they only had 2 queens. No biggie. The room they gave me was all the way at the end of the hotel on the first floor. It was a pretty far walk. I was not very happy about it. The room decor was pretty old. The carpets were green and the lamps had switches to be turned on. The room was pretty dark unless you turn ALL the lamps on. The bathrooms was sectioned into 3 areas. The tub, the sink area and the toilet. The water pressure was pretty decent and the temperature was perfect. The beds itself was clean and comfortable. I was able to get about 4 hours of sleep. There was some noise from the air conditioner and some kind of noise from outside. I had access to the special breakfast area. It was pretty good. They offered the normal breakfast food including cooked eggs, bacon and warm oatmeal. I also had the option of ordering pancakes and omelets. You have to ask the person there. The fitness center was pretty good. They had all the basic machines and dumbbell set. They also offered bottle water, apples, towels and cold towels.

My overall experience was pretty good. You get what you expect from a decent hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are happy to read you enjoyed your overall stay at our hotel and the delicious cookie at check-in. I do apologize for your room type not being available and the long distance you had to walk. If our guests are not happy about any portion of the room assigned, please feel free to contact the front desk and we will do out best to change your room! We hope to welcome you back with a warm cookie again and give you a room close to the lobby!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

The hotel is quite beautiful and the staff is courteous and helpful. This is a great hotel for picture perfect backgrounds and lots of dining options near by. The breakfast buffet in the hotel restaurant is excellent. Parking is not convenient. Also, the layout of the hotel was difficult to navigate.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review and feedback about your recent stay. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel and found our staff courteous and friendly. Again, thank you and we hope to welcome you again!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We were in town for the Taylor Swift Concert at the Scottrade Center and stayed here due to location. The staff is extremely helpful and always on the ready. When we arrive we checked in got our room key and realized that my mother whom has asthma was going to have trouble getting to the room we were assigned and the bellman that was assisting us called the front desk and had us assigned to a room closer to the elevator. I must say they did so without hesitation. I would stay here again if going to a concert down the block. The only problem we had was the sketchiness of the area the hotel made sure to let us know the safe routes to the concert.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank amandasnider
STLUSDoubleTree, General Manager at St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you for the 5 star review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us during theTaylor Swift concert. It is great to hear the bellman assisted you in finding a closer room to the elevator. Each of our associates strive to provide the best in Midwest hospitality! Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you again!

Reviewed April 27, 2013

This hotel is gorgeous!! Don't be fooled by the "indoor" pool. It is NOT indoors but under a canopy outside. This is one of the reasons we choose this hotel and we didn't get to use the pool because it was closed.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
STLUSDoubleTree, General Manager at St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you SO much for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We received this comment once before and have scrubbed all of our on-line information. Unfortunately, we have yet to come across the mention of an “indoor” swimming pool. We have begun this search again looking for this information to correct. Please contact me at jessmyer@stlunionstationhotel.com if you would consider to share where this misinformation is located.

Warmest regards,