We stayed here for a date night to Peabody Opera House. The Doubletree is very close so it is very convenient for lodging after the show.
The pros: The hotels art deco architecture is worth visiting itself. Our room was in the old historic part of the hotel and it was very comfortable, quiet and clean. The price was very good but you will pay for parking $24 for valet. It wasn't as bad as it sounds though since the room rate was low to start with. The grand lobby, the restaurant were all very historic. Worth a visit even if you are not staying. Kids wull love tge whispering arch.
The bad: Union Station is a little past its glory days with loitering panhandlers. They will accost you as you go to neighboring restaurants. We had an executive suite but the only had limited hours so we were unable to visit. Needs better hours to be a real lounge most are open 24/7.
Definately will visit again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The legendary Union Station Hotel in St. Louis, MO, is in the center of St. Louis and within walking distance to Scottrade Center, Peabody Opera House, MetroLink and within minutes from Busch Stadium, Gateway Arch, Edward Jones Dome, America's Convention Center, and City Museum. The hotel is only 20 minutes from Lambert International Airport and has direct MetroLink access to the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, Orbitz and getaroom.com so you can book your St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Louis Union Station Marriott Hotel Saint Louis
- Marriott Saint Louis
- Marriott Hotel Saint Louis
- Hyatt Saint Louis
- Saint Louis Hyatt