My wife and I stayed in this hotel on the night of my High School Reunion. The location was perfect as it was walking distance from the Schlafly Tap Room where my reunion was at. It is also walking distance from the downtown/Washington Ave. night clubs, the Scottrade Center, and numerous other downtown attractions. This is definitely a plus if you are planning to drink and want to avoid having to drive or take a cab.
Being in Union Station is also a great convenience. It features unique shops and numerous restaurants, both of the sit down/table service variety and of the food court/quick service variety.
Most important, however, was the quality of the hotel itself. The majority of the main building that is historic Union Station is the hotel itself. The beautiful architecture, numerous huge lobbies, and beautiful restaurants are all part of this hotel. These beautiful historic buildings are hard to find today, and a hotel that features these elements is even more rare. Simply look at the beautiful pictures that are posted on Trip Advisor or on the hotel's website and just imagine what it is like to see these in person, and to know that this is the hotel that you are staying at! These types of hotels also usually cost way more than what customers have to pay at the St. Louis Union Station Marriott.
The baggage service was friendly, effective, and immediately available when we checked in.
The rooms themselves were also fantastic. They were very large. It was very updated including the furniture, carpet, and decor. The bed was new, large, and very comfortable. The bathroom was also very large, updated, and had a separate alcove for the toilet, so that you aren't in the way when the other is using the shower and sink area.
This is more than just a four star hotel in a great location at an affordable price. It is a historic gem that will be one of the most beautiful hotels that you have ever stayed at! I definitely recommend staying here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The legendary Union Station Hotel in St. Louis, MO, is in the center of St. Louis and within walking distance to Scottrade Center, Peabody Opera House, MetroLink and within minutes from Busch Stadium, Gateway Arch, Edward Jones Dome, America's Convention Center, and City Museum. The hotel is only 20 minutes from Lambert International Airport and has direct MetroLink access to the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Jetsetter, Agoda, Hotel.de, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Louis Union Station Marriott Hotel Saint Louis
- Marriott Saint Louis
- Marriott Hotel Saint Louis
- Hyatt Saint Louis
- Saint Louis Hyatt