St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #23 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Kenner, Louisiana
“College graduation”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

There is nothing special about this hotel except that it is part of the old union station. The room was clean and well maintained, but it had a noisy air conditioner. While there is a coffee maker in the room, if you want a decent cup of coffee, you will have to wait in line 30 minutes at the bagel shop. There is no complementary coffee service in the morning. Parking is also expensive. I think it was $24 a day for the valet - there is no convenient self parking lot. The staff, especially the valet service, were all very pleasant. This hotel won't be my first choice on my next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mvitenas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
Clearwater, FL
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Stayed 2 nights. Hotel was assigned through priceline and for the low price we paid the accomodations were fine, however, we would have been upset had we paid the standard rates. Most definitely not a 4 star and there are much nicer hotels associated with the Marriott brand, but the room was VERY clean (except for mold in the bath) and quiet. Service was non-existent - from the majority of the front desk employees to the curb staff. Rooms are on smaller side and are in desperate need of refurbishing.

As mentioned in other reviews, you have to walk miles to get to your room and through gates, etc. Didn't bother walking around the "mall", it seemed mostly empty and didn't strike me as appealing given the patrons I saw. We tried to explore the surrounding area on foot and walked past the park across the street and felt rather unsafe. Perhaps on a weekday the area is better. We later met a police officer who confirmed our suspicions of the area and noted that the park, in particular, was unsafe. If you are not driving, cabs are an absolute necessity at night.

Parking is also not secure, though it costs $16/day. Then there is the cost for internet... Given all of this, it just doesn't seem worth it to stay here again should we return to St. Louis. If you prefer to walk around at all, and to ensure a safer area - it is probably best to stay near the arch.

Room Tip: King rooms are a bit larger, 6th floor = top floor
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed April 30, 2011

I just came back from a conference that was held at this property. Excellent hotel. I was in the concierge area of the hotel which is separate from the regular guest rooms. Although the area was older, it was very well kept. The rooms were large and very comfortable. Of course the best part of the hotel is the Concierge Lounge where you can have breakfast, evening snacks, and all the non-alcoholic drinks you want. The only complaint I have is how far away the conference area is from the hotel rooms. The Union Station is not the glamor spot it used to be. The Mall used to host quite a few stores but now it is just a baseball hangout and a few other urban type stores. There is a food court but nothing great. Outside, towards the back there is a seafood place and a Hard Rock Cafe, but I never got that far back.

Room Tip: Ask to be upgraded to the concierge area. I
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Mahomet, Illinois
Reviewed April 25, 2011

We booked 2 nights at Marriott Union Station through priceline & got a great rate. We arrived as tornado sirens were going off but the staff acted as if they didn't even know. It's a good thing we aren't concerned/terrified about weather!

There is no covered parking, even if you valet. The parking is $14/day but they give you a pass so you can come & go in the gated lot as much as you'd like. The pass is 'supposed' to give you a discounted rate charged direct to your credit card- the charge hasn't come through yet so I'm unsure what the discount is.

This hotel is HUGE- be prepared to walk! My only complaints about the room itself is there is no fridge and/or microwave. Also the only curtain is nearly shear so be ready for lots of light to wake you up!

We had a drink at the downstairs bar- the service was ehhh. We decided we wouldn't have another drink there.

Overall, we were pleased with our stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tripbound123
St. Louis
Reviewed April 3, 2011

Was woke up just now by a screaming fire alarm. The alarm went on for a very long time and woke me and my friends up. I called the front desk to complain and spoke to James who said that people were notified of this upon check in which I was not. Then James transferred me to Rochelle and Rochelle said last night letters were delivered beneath the door. I was in my room by 2am and never saw a letter prior to getting into my room. I spent over $100 for a room to experience the sound of a very very loud fire alarm early in the morning. Now I am awake and the front desk said they couldn't do anything about this sorry. I would never stay at this hotel again. I have stayed they Hyatt at the Arch and that hotel is way better and if this would have happened there I am 100% sure they would have compensated me with a free stay next time. The Marriott @ Union Station left me with a real bad taste in my mouth. Thanks Rochelle and James for the bad customer service.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Bentonville, Arkansas
Reviewed March 30, 2011

Very cool looking hotel. Einsteins Bagel was a plus located in the hotel. Located close to the Arch and the ball park

Room Tip: Try to use priceline to book.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 20, 2011

We were excited that we got a great price $70 per night on Priceline for a 4 star hotel. The pictures looked good but it had mixed reviews so I wanted to go take a look myself. The hotel looks great from the outside. There is valet parking ($24 per day) or self parking at the side of the hotel for ($14 per day with in and out privileges). There are also parking meters in front of the hotel.

We parked our car at the meters temporarily so we could check in and carry our bags into the room. The hotel is inside a mall and I didn't want to carry my bags through it.
The lobby is breathtaking and is the only amazing part of the hotel. The staffs were nice and friendly.

Then we walked out of the lobby (it is not connected to to hotel) to get to our room. Even though the hotel is connected to the mall, it is gated, so you have to use your room key to open the gate and get to the elevator.

The rooms need to be updated. It is old and just outdated! It even smells old. But everything was clean and comfortable for a basic room so I cant complain too much. You have to pay $12 to use the internet but there are free computers in front of the check in area where you can browse the internet and print for free.

There is a food court in the mall where you can get typical mall foods such as Panda Express, Subway, Gyros and Ice cream. There are also restaurants like Hard Rock Cafe, Landry's Seafood House and Houlihans. Einstein bros bagel was conveniently located between the lobby and the rooms. Also, there is a pond with fishes where you can go paddle boating for $4 per person.

The hotel itself is a far walking distance from the Arch but a good thing about this hotel is that it is located right near the metro bus and train station. We took the train to visit everything from Forest Park to the Arch.

I checked out through the tv and the process was smooth. Overall, this hotel is good if you are willing to spend the money. If not, it is just a basic room to sleep and shower.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple