“Not prepared”

Days Inn Downtown St. Louis
Ranked #99 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed April 6, 2014

The room was clean and hotel was in ok have. Carpet was torn in places especially by elevator. No one was ever at the front desk had to all each time. The weather was horrible during our stay ie tornado sirens going off 2 of out nights. First Time the hotel personnel had no clue what to do during an emergency. Second time still had no emergency an actually told is to go into a glass encased area during tornado. We Asked to go into Firsg floor rooms for the bathrooms for protection and they said no. Power went out and they still had no clue what to do. Security just texted first storm night.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Booked a room in St. Louis based on the ad on Expedia. We got in late and couldn't get other accommodations for the night. The hotel was completely mis-represented. Dirty floors, bathroom had mold and mildew, hairs, carpet stained and not even vacuumed. Hotel smelled. Bad area of town, noisy. Door lock was broken so piled luggage, etc. in front of door. Got 2 hours of sleep and had to fight to get other 2 nights canceled. Continental breakfast - some mini-bagels and orange juice. Had run out of coffee and other breakfast items. Can you believe that even the ironing board had disgusting looking stains that I couldn't describe? Days Inn Downtown St. Louis, Mo. I wouldn't recommend to my enemies! Still checking clothes for bugs!!
P.S. - only rated Terrible because there is no worse ratings here!!!

Room Tip: Stay away unless you want to put your family in danger!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2014

My stay was a good one everyone was friendly and very helpful it was clean i took my grandson and he really enjoyed it

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Was going to book a one night stay here through hotels.com, but when I called the hotel to inquire about the room, the lady told me she could give me the room cheaper($103 per night...a $2 savings from hotels.com) so I agreed and gave her my card number. I got to the hotel around 10pm and told the attendant I may need another night. He said I should reserve it now because the next night was a holiday and it would cost $40 more for the same room because it was a holiday. Whatever, I said ok just do it. The receipt he printed was for $149.80. My bank sent an alert to my phone about the funds being removed and I asked the man why I was already charged for this and wanted to make sure when I checked out ,the card i used wasn't double charged for the next night. He said no, that receipt was for tonight and it was that high because of taxes and fees...TAXES AND FEES ARE OVER $40?! I asked him why they took my credit card info on the phone then and he(who is also foreign) says "oh you know how those people answering the phones in those third world other countries are! Your card doesn't get charged until I swipe your card here". He said "Oh, and if you want room another night you need to go find money somewhere because I saw your account balance on your phone and you don't have enough for another night." He actually read the message as it came across my phone! My husband doesn't even do that! Room was dirty, entire floor smelled like weed and cigarettes, and there were only 2 towels. When I went and talked to the attendant he rolled his eyes and handed me one more towel(for a 4 person family, mind you!) and said that's all that come with the room.

• Stayed: March 2014