“Birthday Dinner Chicken Fried”

The Lemp Mansion Restaurant
Reserve a Table
Fri, 2/28
8:00 PM
Ranked #320 of 3,200 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Benton Park
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

My friends and I went out for my birthday dinner on a Sunday night “all you can eat chicken dinner” night. I really wasn’t expecting all that much, but all of our expectations were blown out of the water.

The fried chicken was so crispy and juicy and had great seasoning. The macaroni was SO good!! And the mashed potatoes and gravy were also excellent! Really the entire meal was delicious and our service from Anthony was top notch.

The only very minor issue we had was that, because it was such a cold night, the room we were seated in was quite cold and therefore our food also got cold quickly, but there’s nothing the restaurant could’ve done about that.

Check out the gift shop too! I’d love to come back and spend the night sometime!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (129)

Reviewed December 16, 2019

Excellent food and deep STL history. This home and restaurant is charming and elegant. The service and food are superb. We will certainly return for dining, but also for the paranormal investigations and tours.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 12, 2019

I had lunch here with my friend on Wednesday. It was a little busy, but there was still seating available for us. If your looking for a unique place to eat, this is the place to go. Seating for lunch and dinner is throughout the first floor. The house has been beautifully restored, and is beautifully decorated for Christmas right now. Our food was very good. I had the chicken Alfred. To drink I had a Funky Monkey, which was good.
I've been here several times to eat, and I'm never disappointed when I come.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed July 14, 2019 via mobile

We went for the Sunday night all you can eat chicken dinner. This includes roast beef, pineapple glazed ham, German green beans, mac & cheese, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, cucumbers, salad and cinnamon baked apples as well as pan fried chicken. Everything was super delicious and the staff was top notch. The mansion is beautiful and you are treated like family. Highly recommend!

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed June 21, 2019 via mobile

The Lemp is known for its history, however, I’d never tried the restaurant. The quality of food and atmosphere greatly exceeded my expectations. The Beef Wellington was superb. From the sauce to the puff pastry, everything was perfectly prepared. My fiancé ordered the Chicken la Mar, which was also fantastic. Couldn’t recommended this place enough. We will be back!

Date of visit: June 2019