“Nice breakfast ! Unique menu offerings each day.”

First Watch Restaurant 39
Ranked #242 of 2,941 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American, Diner, Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Clean , fav place for locals . Xtra busy on weekends. Great healthy options. A bit more pricey than chains but well worth the quality . Go early never tried lunch but sure it's good .

Cari T, Guest Relations Manager at First Watch Restaurant 39, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Thank you, jazzdavey! We are happy you enjoy our breakfast and all our healthy, unique and fresh options. Come in to try us at lunch sometime soon too!

There are newer reviews for First Watch Restaurant 39

Reviewed June 4, 2014

I am basically a positive person, so writing a non-positive review is not something I enjoy. Have been to First Watch in the past, most recent visit was Saturday May 11 with expanded family, celebrating Mother’s Day a day early. My husband has never been a big fan of First Watch, but I did not recall anything terribly wrong with it for the type of place it is designed to be…which is—IMHO—a mainstream chain breakfast/lunch place that serves mass quantities of people as quickly as possible. These types of restaurants certainly have a place, and I will pre-qualify my comments to say that they are personally not my favorite types of places to eat when I dine out.

Having said that, I have always appreciated the healthy menu choices and variety First Watch offers, especially when it comes to accommodating a large group with diverse food preferences. But based on my most recent experience, I don’t plan to return. I ordered one of their healthy egg white omelets (I believe it had a Greek theme, with feta and olives). It was sparse on ingredients, and the egg whites seemed as if they were pre-formed circles of egg white that were microwaved and stuffed with a few meager ingredients. The breakfast did not seem freshly prepared at all. If I am mistaken, and if they were fresh egg whites thrown on a nice hot griddle, they certainly did not give that appearance nor did they taste like it. Hubby had eggs and had a similar reaction—that his breakfast seemed as if it came out of the microwave vs. a fresh griddle. And that the eggs were just poured out of a carton or jar. While I haven’t been to a Denny’s in years, I am thinking I could pay less and get a better quality egg. I’m giving it a “2” because hubby did have a business breakfast at a First Watch in the Kansas City area and said the pancakes were decent enough. So maybe it depends on what you order. This place does a huge business so I’m sure they are doing something right for the audience they want to serve—and, again, the menu has potential and promise. You probably won’t have a totally bad meal here, but if your palette prefers the taste of fresh ingredients and preparation, then you might want to make a different choice.

Cari T, Guest Relations Manager at First Watch Restaurant 39, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Kathy B - It is very upsetting to hear this is how your experiences with us have gone. We sincerely apologize and thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We take pride in our food and want everything on our menu to always taste fresh and flavorful. We are sorry we have missed these marks with you and will address your review with our culinary team.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Usually crowded but worth the wait for a table. The pancakes are excellent and I’m really picky about my eggs and they always get them just right. the service is quick and it’s a great place for a morning meeting. I highly recommend it.

Cari T, Guest Relations Manager at First Watch Restaurant 39, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

rayalonzo - Thank you for spending so many mornings at First Watch! We are so happy we always exceed your expectations for food (especially our eggs and pancakes!) and service. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Yummy times two!
We had sandwiches...the chicken salad melt was fresh on homemade bread...white meat chicken, apples, nuts, and raisins...and the turkey club...and dressed greens.
They make their own bread...OMG
No French fries, but good healthy stuff...and fresh...like it just came off the farm.
The breakfasts looked incredible...and the table next to us was a table of ten...we saw lots of different items...they all looked delicious.
a 5 all around...

Cari T, Guest Relations Manager at First Watch Restaurant 39, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Thank you, Tahoe2! We are thrilled you had a delicious visit...times 2! We can't wait to have you back again for lunch or maybe to try breakfast!

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Everything tasted fresh and was made very well. Quality food and portions are perfect. We had to wait a fair amount, but it was a Saturday and I think the locals know this place is good.

Cari T, Guest Relations Manager at First Watch Restaurant 39, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

momnhongkong - Thank you for stopping in! We appreciate your patience with the wait. We are very happy you enjoyed our fresh, made-to-order food and quality. We hope to see you again soon!