“Diverse Italian Menu....Great Location and Great Food”

Caleco's Restaurants & Bars
Ranked #56 of 2,957 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife and I were looking for an Italian meal and were pointed this way. The menu was inclusive of about anything Italian that one could crave. I went with the chick parm and really enjoyed it. The portions were above average! We only had to wait about 20 minutes on a Saturday Night when the Cardinals played at home. This is exceptional considering it is right by the stadium. Our waiter appeared new and nervous and at times appeared to be rushing us. However, I would eat here again.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Our group ate there for dinner and the service and food for the 11 of us was excellent. 3 days later we went back and service was slow and some dinners were not cooked well. I had fish it was so over cooked it wasn't edible.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Had the chicken parmesan sandwich, and tried a friend's lasagne, both tasted great. Portion sizes were a bit excessive though, most everyone in our group, though we came in super hungry, had to take food home. No complaints on the food, and they were very accomodating (we were a party of 11 at 9:30), and the woman who was our server was nice. Food came out quickly, the bread before was a nice touch. One recommendation- for such a large table, we were only left with a small pitcher of water, which went fast and we didn't get more...but it isn't a deal breaker.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I did like the decor of the place. Me and my guest were seated right away and that is where the good vibe stopped. We sat down at a table that still had a not-so-nice review card sitting on it and waited 15 minutes for someone to stop and ask if we were being helped. After finally ordering, it was an hour before we got sandwiches! During that time, we saw the waitress once, about 20 minutes after we had recieved our food. It is VERY rare that I don't finish my food, but most of the sandwich was still on the plate when I walked away. I wanted to ask for a refund and a credit for the hour and a half that I wasted, but I figured it would take another hour for someone to come over to the table. Good location...that is it.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I had been driving all day and was starved so I thought even pub food would be great. I ordered a rib eye and a martini. The martini was good should have stopped there. The rib eye was of really poor quality and was just a big wad of grizzle. I stopped for a slice of pizza on way home so I wouldn't starve after my meal.
The crowd was a tad ghetto with guys walking in and screaming across the bar to there buddies that apparently the missed dearly since their last outing together. I only know this because they thought they should share it with every patron by screaming it across the bar. aside from that my server Matthew was vey nice except when he auto tipped himself 18%. I almost always tip better than 20% but apparently he felt the need to "slip one" by.