“Value and fun!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Caleco's Restaurants & Bars

Caleco's Restaurants & Bars
Ranked #80 of 2,874 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Italian, American, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Sneedville, Tennessee
“Value and fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2011

If you go to the Arch, this is about a 5 minute walk and worth every step! The food is abundantly served and very reasonable. I was shocked, actually. It was crowded at lunch time; probably because of it's location. We went there to kill some time before our Arch adventure, but returned afterwards. It was still crowded but not bad. We had the quesadillas and spinach & artichoke dip & nachos and they were great. The quesadillas are homemade and a meal in it's self. We each ordered a sandwich to go (side comes with it) and they were HUGE! I got the Philly, I think it was $7.95, and she got the Ribeye steak. Awesome!

Although it does have a great bar, it's not a place for "picking up someone." Great conversation and "chilling " area.

• Visited April 2011

Lawrence, KS
“Good choice for pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2011

We arrived at Caleco's mid-afternoon and were almost the only people there. Our waitress was friendly, but she wasn't the hovering type. I went to the restroom to wash up and two staff members were in there cussing up a storm. So, I'm really not an uptight person, but they clearly saw me there at the sink, and when in uniform, they represent the staff. So, I think they may have been a bit more professional.
We wanted pizza. The large only comes in thin crust, but you can get the more traditional crust in medium. One large and one medium was plenty for four of us.
The best part was the bill. $27 fed four people! A great value for downtown St. Louis! We will for sure hit this place again next time we visit!

Conway, Arkansas
“Expected better than average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2011

Food was okay. Service was intermittent, but the place was busy. I imagine Caleco's is very busy in the summer simply because of their proximity to the Gateway Arch. My quesadilla was awfully heavy on the green bell pepper and the chicken was not really seasoned at all.
They don't sell sweet iced tea, which must be a Southern thing, as we discovered that many restaurants up here don't have it.
I felt like the prices were a little higher than they should have been for what we got, but they weren't outrageous.

• Visited March 2011
Falls Church, Va
“Average bar - Beware of 18% tip on parties of 2 or more after 9p”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2011

Well - The city of St. Louis for the most part was pretty miserable. This bar made it better mostly for the delicious fresh and ice cold bud lights. While the bar was a bit hot and stuffy, the flow of bud lights redeemed the city one sip at a time. The fried ravioli was good. While our server was great, I wish she had pointed out the 18% automatic gratuity before leaving her a 25% percent tip in addition to that. I suppose I learned a lesson to check for gratuity from now on.

• Visited March 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Springfield, Missouri
“Great pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2011

Boyfriend and I are natives of STL and came back for a visit and Blues game this weekend. Ate dinner on Saturday night. Pizza was amazing! Loved it! Service was ok but food made up for it!