“Ask for it toasted”

Cuisines: Delicatessen, Fast Food
Neighborhood: The Hill
Neighborhood: The Hill
Reviewed October 27, 2010

Wouldn't say it's the best sandwich in Stl but its up there. We get our sandwiches toasted which adds a great crunch to an already great sandwich. We usually go around 9:30 am so were in and out. Very accomadating to making the sandwich the way we want it. We get the middle size which is enough to have a half right then then the other half for lunch. Give it a try you wont be dissapointed.

Reviewed September 18, 2010

My boyfriend and I visited Gioia's after we read some great reviews of it and wanted to hit the Hill for a sandwich. We picked this place and we were not disappointed! I got the italian and he got the combo, and we both loved it. My italian trio has the famous hot salami, genova salami, mortadella and your choice of provel or pepperjack that is toasted then topped with vinegar and oil and onions - AWESOME! We recently went back, and we live an hour and a half away and decided to make a little road trip to STL to get a sandwich and some beers at Schlafly's Hop in the City. It was worth it!

1  Thank beerlover78
Reviewed August 18, 2010

It is an old time deli/sandwhich shop and it has a that old domfortable ambiance about it. The staff is always friendly and efficient. The owner cares enough that either her or her son are there every day to make sure things are done right and it shows. If you have never tried the hot salami here you don't know what you are missing. I have tried the other sandwhiches also and they are all good, but I am always pulled back to the hot salami. The tortellini salad and the lasagna are excellent too. Whenever I am close I stop here for lunch.

Reviewed October 31, 2009

Whole roasted hunks of beef, sliced and served on good Italian bread, with provolone, lettuce tomato and extra pepperoncinis is what i always order, but the favorite seems to be hot salami sandwiches. You might want to avoid the lunch rush, as it gets crowded.

Reviewed October 14, 2008

Hot Salami Sandwhich w/ Provel. (nothing else)..awesome!