“Delicious Italian Style Deli”
Review of Gioia's Deli

Gioia's Deli
Ranked #9 of 3,331 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Deli, Fast Food
Neighborhood: The Hill
Neighborhood: The Hill
Reviewed October 8, 2018

We saw all the people sitting outside of Gioia's during the Columbus Day Parade and decided to wander inside and see what they had to offer. You step up to the counter and order and then take it with you or find a seat inside or at the tables outside to enjoy your deli delights. The restaurant is small, simple, clean, and the food is very good. I had the Tomato Bisque Soup of the Day and a Small Italian Salad. I was happy with both of my choices. My husband ordered the pick two combo with a Trio Sandwich and an Italian Salad. The half sandwich was a meal in itself and was excellent and included a very different signature hot salami on toasted garlic bread. Prices are very reasonable and we are glad we happened upon this wonderful deli during the Italian Festival being held at Berra Park, which is right across the street.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed August 10, 2018

You know you're in the right place when you arrive for lunch and are surrounded by firefighters and neighborhood residents. Deli sandwiches are made to order with fresh bread, meat, cheeses and almost any addition you like. Order a half sandwich, because you will only want to eat the whole if you have it, but then you will need a nap!

2  Thank Linda L
Reviewed August 7, 2018

One of the oldest and best sandwich shops in the St. Louis area. Get on their email list and get the "word of the day" for a buck off your order. A great thing for a great restuarant.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank BigLog18
Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

A local sent us here! We just loved the experience! Although our home, Northwest Arkansas is definitely a multicultural center, with great food and super dining experiences, we don’t have a Gioia’s! (Pronounced Joyah) The sandwiches were great, the street side table made it special! We love “The Hill!” Try it, if Italian food is your thing, it’s a must do.

Reviewed July 25, 2018

I ordered a Hot Roast Beef sandwich to go, and it was excellent. Staying in the city about a week, I went back a second time, and maybe even a third. There is a lot of parking nearby. The area is not crowded. The food is high quality. Traveling alone, I needed quick and efficient meals that I could take with me, without sacrificing quality. Gioia's was the solution on more than one occasion.

2  Thank Thomsonville1