“AS GOOD AS IT GETS”

Cuisines: Delicatessen, Fast Food
Neighborhood: The Hill
Neighborhood: The Hill
Reviewed January 31, 2013

This is the best and only place to eat an Italian sandwich in St. Louis. The hot salami is a one of a kind, delicious grinder - just doesn't get any better than this. It will leave your mouth watering and begging for more. That's why my husband and I make regular trips to the Hill to get the only thing that will satisfy us...The Hot Salami Sandwich. Alex and his staff of first class crew are the perfect complement to this wonderful restaurant.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Don't waste your time with anything else.This is the best sandwich on the hill. The hot salami will change you outlok on life. If your looking for a good old fastioned itialian deli this is the place. If you want the true deal order your sandwich on garlic cheese bread!

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Great experience here. Went there to pick up lunch for the family. First time here, but saw on their website they had a secret menu. I had The Hill Supreme and my wife had the Salami and roast beef. INSANELY GOOD! We had ours on garlic bread, which made it that much better. They do give you recommendations for your sandwiches. FYI: Try the Horsey Mayo. It is also right across the street from a park so if the restaurant is full inside and outside the restaurant, head to the park! Closed on Sundays. I went on a Saturday and it was fairly busy. I hear it is quite busy during lunch during the week.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

This little deli on the "Hill" in St. Louis is a great place for lunch and the price is right. Grab a number when you go in, check out the menu board, and get ready for a taste treat. It is very informal and the staff is there to help you. I ordered the sandwich that was "the best of St. Louis" according to the sign on the window, and I had no idea of what I wanted on it. The man behind the counter told me what most customers order and I used his advice. I couldn't eat all of it at one setting and, sure enough, the leftover sandwich was great even the day after. We had two huge sandwiches, potato chips, and a drink all for less that twenty bucks. Check it out and enjoy a great lunch.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

I love their chicken salad! They are on the corner and across from the park.
Family owned business. Outside dining.