“Great food, they need to offer flights”

Urban Chestnut Brewing Company
Ranked #194 of 3,315 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Description: Large German-style Bierhall located in The Grove neighborhood of St. Louis serving German and American beer and German and European-inspired food.
Reviewed October 30, 2018 via mobile

Food was excellent! What a pleasant surprise. Beer was good but I was super disappointed that they don’t offer flights of beer. And they limit samples to 2 per customer. This was unfortunate, they have a pretty large beer selection, I would have enjoyed experiencing several of their beers. Space was cool, lots of room on the patio.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed September 26, 2018 via mobile

Like some of the other breweries in St Louis we have been here multiple times. The selection of beers is amazing, something for every taste. If you're looking for American food, go somewhere else. German menu and feel. I have yet to order a full meal but I always get the pretzel board. The mustard is amazing. It has a stone ground base with a nasal napalm horseradish kick at the end. The quality of the beer here is not surprising considering the pedigree of the brewmasters. This is our favorite brewery and we love to see what will get bottled up and end up on our store shelves back home. If you love craft beer take a trip to The Grove and check UCBC out.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

I liked the German Bier Hall feel, a big open hall with long tables and benches. The benches were a little awkward to get in and out of, however. They have a nice selection of beers, but I would strongly suggest offering flights of beer. I was told they only offer tasting flights at the brewery. I often enjoy visiting various microbreweries and sampling a variety and I don’t mind paying for a broad sampling of the product - it seems sensible to offer this in their Bierhall as well. The limited food offerings went well with the Bierhall, with many items using traditional German spellings, which made it a little difficult if you really didn’t understand German. The Brezen Board (pretzel) offering 2 large straight pretzels accompanied by spicy brown mustard, obatzda (a soft beer cheese) and butter for $7. There were more than enough toppings for the 2 pretzels so if you have more than 2 people do yourself a favor and opt for an extra 2 pretzels for $3. Overall, a nice visit as long as you enjoy the beer Hall atmosphere and aren’t put off by a large noisy room.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

Went here yesterday for the first time...WOW. I think it surpasses my previous favorite brewery which was Aardwolf in Jacksonville Florida. I tried 10 different beers and ALL of them were unbelievably AMAZING! Service is incredible with extremely knowledgable bartenders. I loved it so much we're headed back again tonight to pregame for the Cardinals game and try their food for dinner... food review TBD tomorrow but I'm excited either way... luckily I'm from Florida or I'd go broke here. If you love delicious craft beer this is a must go place!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 3, 2018

Very huge place. Lots of opportunity to hang out, eat food, drink beer. They have games and other things to do. Its not a formal sit down restaurant, but I would come back

Date of visit: August 2018