“Incredible Burgers, great service”
Review of Fatted Calf - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Fatted Calf
Hamilton, Canada
“Incredible Burgers, great service”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

After searching for the best burger in St. Louis, I discovered Fatted Calf. The burgers are incredible - get it medium. You get your choice of toppings, bacon and cheese are extra, but I highly recommend the soft cheddar, it makes the burger pop. The fries are a steakcut fry, very large and tasty, though I wish I got a few more. There service was excellent, very polite and the price was reasonable for the quality.

• Visited July 2012

“Didn't live up to the reputation”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I decided to visit after reading many positive reviews and it was a short walk from my hotel. I had a cheeseburger and it wasn't anything special. I've had better, and I have had worse. It wasnt crowded, in fact, there were only four other customers in the entire place (around 6 PM). It seemed a little dark and dingy and slightly unkempt. Overall, I was disappointed as it didn't live up to the hype of the best burger around...at least on my one visit. (in all fairness it has been several months since I visited this establishment...I thought I had submitted a review, but my notes indicated otherwise so, I decided to submit this...better late than never)

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank 1discerningdiner
Nixa, MO
“Burgers cooked to order”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I really wish I could have tried a number of different sandwiches. They offer several delicious looking "burgers" of the beef, Wagyu, Tuna steak, and chicken varieties that are cooked in front of you at the counter service order line.

While they could have been more efficient, it's hard to complain about the results. I ordered my Wagyu burger medium rare, and despite how busy they were, they delivered it perfectly cooked. It is certainly clear that quality is important.

The German style decor and setting is a nice touch. Prices might seem a tad high for a burger, but worth it.

• Visited March 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
“good burger, could be so much more”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

We just visited the Fatted Calf tonight (Saturday night) on our quest to find St. Louis best hambuger. It is one beautiful and unique restaurant. It reminds me very much of an old English pub. The first thing we noticed was we were the only ones in the whole restaurant at 5 p.m. on a Saturday night. We ordered our food from the owner and she was very helpful in guiding us through the menu, we then paid, and it seemed pretty expensive for 3 burgers and fries and 2 medium drinks ($30) The food was brought out to us, and the burgers were grilled very nicely and cooked to order. The toppings were very good especially the Chedder cheese that they are known for.
The fries came straight from a bag, how do I know?, the bag was sitting on the counter where we ordered. (this was a little dissapointing). Another odd thing was that the worker behind the counter for the whole time we were there was talking on the telephone.
Overall I know the great history of the Fatted Calf, and how much they are hurting as a restaurant, I wanted to like it so much more than I did. I see a lot of potential and I hope them the best.

• Visited August 2011
Ladue, Missouri
“Not so good anymore”
Reviewed February 22, 2011

First its way to expensive for a plan burger. Since the new owner to over they don't even taste the same. The onion rings are the worst ever. This place use to be good ,now there just trading on the name.

• Visited February 2011