“Excellent Southern Style BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Smoki O'S BBQ

Smoki O'S BBQ
Ranked #1,959 of 2,880 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Riverfront
Description: Smoki O’s serves St. Louis-style barbecue done right! Be sure to sample Minnie’s Potato Salad, the family special, and the pulled pork sandwich. Smoki O’s goal is to provide a quality service that meets your budgeting needs. So when planning a party, meeting, employee picnic, family reunion, reception, on site barbecue or whatever the occasion may be…choose Smoki O’s family of meat masters. We’re ready to cater to two or two hundred!
“Excellent Southern Style BBQ”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

OK I love my BBQ and this has to be one of my top 5 favorites now. From the crunchy snoots, tips, and fall off the bone ribbs I have not eaten finer BBQ any where. I can't wait for my next stop in STL.

• Visited September 2013

Salisbury, Maryland
“Good BBQ!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

When you pull up it looks like a hole in the wall, but don't let that bother you. This place has friendly staff and good food. It might not be in the best part of town, but don't let that bother you. It's good food. There are a few places to sit with no proper sit down spots. So it's best for pick up or delivery.

• Visited July 2013
Bloomfield, New Jersey
“Awesome authentic BBQ”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We pulled into the parking lot and you could see and smell the smoking process at work

And it shows when you taste the delicious ribs and chicken - wow!

Oh and definitely try the baked beans and BBQ spaghetti

This place is not fancy and there's not much seating but the food and friendliness will guarantee we stop here next Time we are on St. Louis

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Julian M
Chesterfield, Missouri
“Stay far far away if you value your health”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The owner of this pround establishment, posts on her walls that she has a bachelor's degree in Food Service and is working on her masters. All that means is she has a lot of knowledge that she did not share with her employees.

Neither owner seemed to be in the restaurant when my wife and I visited today, too bad I would have liked for them to see their counter person blow her nose in a bunch of napkins and then continue to serve food without either washing her hands or using the hand sanitizer which was on the counter. I should have walked out, but I had already waited while the kitchen was reheating previously cooked food.

I ordered a pound of pulled chicken, which was on a diet, since it only weighed 12 oz when I brought it home. It had been previously made and reheated. Nice flavor, but I like fresh BBQ, especially with the prices that Smoki O's charges.

My sausage was a "foot long". Yeah, and I am 6'4" and skinny. How do you make a foot long sausage, cut sections of three shorter pieces and dump enough warm sauce so you don't notice that the meat has leaked out it's juices. I should not be critical, because it did retain that greasy mealy taste. Terrible quality and of dubvious age.

The lack of sanitation of the employees is enough reason never to return, and I will never return.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank Stu K
Janesville, Wisconsin
“If you want authentic St. Louis Barbeque, This is your Place!!!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Great Food, Great Prices! Had the full rack of ribs, and it was amazing. The best food ever!!! Super nice people!!! Their primary business is carryout, the will deliver to the hotels in the area. They have a small sitting area to eat in if you like, we did, we were so hungry we could wait to eat. The smell was so good!!! My wife had the pulled pork sandwich, the kids and I had a rack each. Very meaty, tasty, and cooked to perfection! Potato salad and slaw rounded it out perfectly!

• Visited January 2013