“Stay far far away if you value your health”
Review of Smoki O'S BBQ

Smoki O'S BBQ
Ranked #1,102 of 3,045 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Delivery
Neighborhood: Riverfront
Description: Smoki O’s serves St. Louis-style barbecue done right! Be sure to sample Minnie’s Potato Salad, the family special, and the pulled pork sandwich. Smoki O’s goal is to provide a quality service that meets your budgeting needs. So when planning a party, meeting, employee picnic, family reunion, reception, on site barbecue or whatever the occasion may be…choose Smoki O’s family of meat masters. We’re ready to cater to two or two hundred!
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The owner of this pround establishment, posts on her walls that she has a bachelor's degree in Food Service and is working on her masters. All that means is she has a lot of knowledge that she did not share with her employees.

Neither owner seemed to be in the restaurant when my wife and I visited today, too bad I would have liked for them to see their counter person blow her nose in a bunch of napkins and then continue to serve food without either washing her hands or using the hand sanitizer which was on the counter. I should have walked out, but I had already waited while the kitchen was reheating previously cooked food.

I ordered a pound of pulled chicken, which was on a diet, since it only weighed 12 oz when I brought it home. It had been previously made and reheated. Nice flavor, but I like fresh BBQ, especially with the prices that Smoki O's charges.

My sausage was a "foot long". Yeah, and I am 6'4" and skinny. How do you make a foot long sausage, cut sections of three shorter pieces and dump enough warm sauce so you don't notice that the meat has leaked out it's juices. I should not be critical, because it did retain that greasy mealy taste. Terrible quality and of dubvious age.

The lack of sanitation of the employees is enough reason never to return, and I will never return.

3  Thank Stu K

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Great Food, Great Prices! Had the full rack of ribs, and it was amazing. The best food ever!!! Super nice people!!! Their primary business is carryout, the will deliver to the hotels in the area. They have a small sitting area to eat in if you like, we did, we were so hungry we could wait to eat. The smell was so good!!! My wife had the pulled pork sandwich, the kids and I had a rack each. Very meaty, tasty, and cooked to perfection! Potato salad and slaw rounded it out perfectly!

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Ok not only is the food the absolute best BBQ I have ever had but they DELIVER!!! I was in St Louis for 10 days & ordered from here 3 of those days!! Everything was outstanding! Great service & Amazing food!!

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We could not locate a website for Smoki O's, which actually is kind of endearing. Their phone number can be located by a Google search. I simply called the restaurant and told the gent on the phone that there were two hungry ladies wanting dinner, and could he select something appropriate. He asked if we liked ribs and brought two half racks of pork ribs with two sides for each of us, along with some cornbread. We ordered strawberry cheesecake - eh, that could be skipped. But the meal itself was excellent and how nice that we didn't have to go find the restaurant on that blisteringly hot day. The gent I spoke to was full of personality - it was enjoyable talking to him. If you're looking for BBQ in St. Louis, I definitely recommendn Smoki O's.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Smoki O's has great snoots and pulled pork! The ribs are definitely lacking. There was hardly any rub on it and not much smoke flavor. If I'm in the area again i would go back.