“Excellent fare!”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1 Block South of Clayton Road
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Had Saturday night reservation & place was pretty busy when we arrived - still seated immediately. Tamara provided excellent service without being overbearing. The "summer menu" with fresh/local ingredients was terrific! Husband had the "steak and egg" special with a sweet potato; I went with the pork steak which was NOT your backyard-bbq variety. It was more like a melt-in-your-mouth thick filet. The accompanying vegetable blend and baby potatoes were perfectly seasoned. Had the gooey butter cake for dessert which was drier than expected, though still tasty. Martinis are in the $9 range, main courses $20+, dessert about $7 so not a cheap evening. But the quality of food was outstanding. Only concern that it took forever for the main course to arrive, though this may have been due to the large party next to us that ordered first...and the bar almost forgot my dessert drink. Overall, definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband and I went there for date night. The atmosphere was perfect, not very busy, not loud, and for a seven o'clock reservation on a saturday night! My husband ordered the hanger steak which I had to have a bite out of! It was delicious and cooked perfectly! I had the pork steak and it literally melted in my mouth! I was one step away from licking the plate it was so delicious! The drinks were well made and strong and worth the $7-$9 price of a martini! I highly recommed going there! The staff was excellent and very attentive!

1  Thank EMcC2
Reviewed August 29, 2012

What more could you ask for in a restaurant: fresh and local products, amazing dishes, menu changes throughout the year based on season, the best waitstaff I have ever been served by, great location, and they are eco friendly. They use wind power and also donate their used cooking oil to help power bio diesel vehicles. What an amazing place to support and of course the food is always AMAZING. By far my #1 favorite restaurant in St. Louis.

My single and only "critique" is that they could update the interior decor a bit. It's a bit 90's and dated. But definitely not a deterrent in any way!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We went for my birthday & the wine selection & our bread pudding are what earned them a very good this time around. Plus our waitress was nice. They sang to all the tables around us but left me out despite being told it was my birthday at the time the reservation was made & when we checked in. The lasagna was fresh & delicious. Menu felt smaller. Concept of the restaurant is still a great one. Traffic seemed slow for a Saturday night at 7:30pm. We were in and out in an hour!

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Harvest has been one of our favorite St. Louis restaurants over the years. We go as a couple, with friends, and with our children and have never been disappointed. The menu changes seasonally, and even though we are restricted to fish and vegetarian dishes, we always have plenty of excellent choices. The fish is always fresh and good. The beer and wine selection is outstanding for a restaurant of it's size, and the bread pudding dessert is known far and wide as the best. The service is always terrific, too!