“Superb Peruvian Food in MO”

Mango Peruvian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Mango Peruvian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 2,980 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 11th
Transit: Metro Link to the Convention Center (6th & Washington Ave) stop and then West 5 blocks on Washington to 11th Street.
Description: Peruvian cuisine on Washington Avenue in downtown St. Louis.
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Ended up picking this place based on some reviews. My fiance is Peruvian so we decided to check this place out. We had reservations, which we made just 30 minutes prior. We arrived and were seated right away. The menu had a variety of Peruvian dishes. I had the Lomo Saltado, which was steak with caramelized onions. I'm not kidding when I say that this was by far the best and most tender steaks I've had in a very long time. Cooked perfectly, seasoned well, and portion size was just right.

We ordered two drinks and were surprised by how strong they were, if anything this was the only downside. I have never had a mojito that kicked you in the mouth harder than a long island iced tea.

2  Thank rpaylian

Reviewed August 3, 2014

We wanted something different downtown after a trip to see a Cardinals game. It wasn't too far on foot and well worth the walk. Interesting drinks with a Peruvian influence. The ceviche was wonderful with sweet potatoes, a Peruvian influence. The Seafood dishes with a bit of a bite were best. Try the plantains and ice cream, reminiscent of bananas foster.
It's the kind of restaurant you remember for the food and experience.

1  Thank Hale F
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We loved the juxtaposition of white tablecloths and the exposed beam ceiling. This is a great spot close to downtown. Very creative menu, professional, and friendly service. We enjoyed a leisurely Sunday dinner with our adult children. The Lomo Saltado had a complex and sophisticated blend of seasonings and just the right amount of "zing". I lprefer my meat medium well but often it comes from the kitchen dry. Not at Mango Peruvian - The meat was just as I ordered it - medium well - and still maintained its flavor. Perfect! My husband enjoyed the Chicken with Mango. We all enjoyed the Salad with Avocado as well as the unusual flavors of the empanada appetizer. We will return next time we are in St. Louis.

1  Thank michiganmaven
Reviewed July 28, 2014

My boy and I have been to Mango a couple of times and always found it kind of okay, but not amazing. This time was totally different! Our meals were AWESOME. The service was great, the atmosphere is good. My strawberry basil mojito was spot on. I had a shredded chicken dish that was heavy, but fantastic. The boy had a beef tenderloin dish (he had them make it extra spicy) and it was very good too. Had some garlic shrimp and a salad for an appetizer. Both very, very yummy. I am glad we went back again. SO impressed.

1  Thank 598Storm598
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We were attending a conference at the America Center in St. Louis. The Mango is an easy 3 block walk from the site. My wife and I both had a mushroom dish with white wine/olive oil reduction from the menu. The seasonings were spicy, but certainly not Mexican. Delicious! For dessert we had the sweet plantains. Also very tasty. The restaurant is clean, a nice low light setting. Modernistic. The service was very good, though we did have to wait a while before we were finally served lunch. (Probably a 20 minute wait before we got to order, and only 6 other tables had customers). So-bottom line, it's not fast food, but it is most definitely great tasting food. Well worth the wait.

1  Thank 138Vic