“Three generations enjoyed a great meal at Mango”

Mango Peruvian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Mango Peruvian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 2,888 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 11th
Transit: Metro Link to the Convention Center (6th & Washington Ave) stop and then West 5 blocks on Washington to 11th Street.
Description: Peruvian cuisine on Washington Avenue in downtown St. Louis.
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Three generations enjoyed a great meal at Mango”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We had a large family outing at Mango and we all agreed, this was one of the best meals we've had in a restaurant. Excellent appetizers - yuca frita, ensalada exotica, anticuchos and empanadas. Entrees were likewise very good: lomo saltado, seco de carne and aji de gallina. Dessert was also very good. A thoroughly enjoyable evening.

• Visited December 2013

• Korean first
Bella Vista, Arkansas
“Our trek home from Central Wisconsin”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We originally had reservations for dinner, but we were running late. I called to see when the kitchen closed....9pm on Sundays, so we had to cancel.

Fortunately, they were open for lunch so we didn't miss out on this wonderful restaurant. This is our new "go-to" restaurant in STL.

Excellent, fresh seafood and the meats were wonderful as well. Our server was well informed about the menu and didn't steer us wrong. Will definitely go back!

Dodgeville
“Creative Recipes”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Mango Peruvian Cuisine serves well-prepared and creative dishes with a Peruvian flare.
Its atmosphere was overall, good, but some tables are in drafty locations and others
are too loud. Service was more than attentive; sometimes I would rather have a dish in front
of me as the last forkful of food enters my mouth. I split two seafood dishes. Both were fresh and tasty with a little heat in the spice department. If you would like to try some new well-designed dishes, Mango is a fine choice.

Arlington Heights, Illinois
“Awesome cocktails and desserts”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

This was our second visit to Mango. In May, my husband and I were alone on a trip. This visit we had our 13 and 11 year old daughters. We had the same waiter, Patrick, on both visits. He is both friendly and helpful about making dining choices. It is Peruvian, but some of the dishes are more traditional than others. Many of the flavors and ingredients are similar to the flavors you will find in the Caribbean. Definitely try the Aji de Gallina. I believe that it is one of the traditional Peruvian dishes. It is a little spicy and has the rich flavors of a slow cooked meal.

Absolutely have a cocktail and dessert. I hate beer so I order cocktails when dining out. I have only had 2 cocktails at Mango, but they are 2 of the best cocktails I have ever had. They were dangerous--an expert blend of alcohol and mixers. You could taste the alcohol, but it didn't leave you with that burn of strong liquor in the back of your throat. I had a Crackberry and a South American Daiquiri. Both were slightly sweet, but not syrupy. The flavors of the mixers perfectly complimented the alcohol.

Despite being full, my family and I consumed 3 desserts--a sponge cake, a chocolate torte, and a plantain dish--in record time. If forced to choose, I would pick the chocolate torte as my favorite, but all were incredible. The cakes were moist. The accompanying sauces for the sponge cake were flavorful and not overpowering. The ice cream with the plantains had enough flavor to compliment the plantain.

Eugene, Oregon
“Great Find - Solid Food & Nice Drinks”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Worth checking out this place on your next trip to St. Louis. Very attentive service, good food (though I did have the Happy Hour Bar menu). Great drinks, and awesome atmosphere.

Nice find in St. Louis which didn't seem to have many good restaurants downtown.