“Fantastic food and friendly service”

Mango Peruvian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Mango Peruvian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 3,067 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 11th
Transit: Metro Link to the Convention Center (6th & Washington Ave) stop and then West 5 blocks on Washington to 11th Street.
Description: Peruvian cuisine on Washington Avenue in downtown St. Louis.
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I went there with five business colleagues in town for a meeting. We did not have a reservation and was told there would be a 45 minute wait, but we only had to wait 20 minutes. We cooled our heels at the bar and had the beef and cheese empanadas for appetizers. Delicious. The menu has a nice selection of chicken, beef, seafood and vegetarian options. I had the Aji de Gallina (chicken) which was scrumptious - nice flavors, a bit of a spicy kick. The hostess, waitress and bartender all could not have been nicer.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Six of us, three generations, trooped into the busy bar area of Mango, in downtown St. Louis, and were immediately escorted into the quieter back portion and seated where the noise could no longer be heard, and conversation was even possible across the table. Our youngest was accommodated with his favorite noodles, while others enjoyed an excellent ceviche, a delicious salmon starter, and a good spinach tart. The main plates were very good too - stir-fried beef tenderloin, and an ahi di gallina (shredded chicken) that was creamy and did very well the next day too. We were too full to really look at dessert, but the list included the usual flan, mango ice-cream, and so on.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I went there with my date. We did not have a reservation. THey said it would be a 20 minute wait. After about two minutes they said they had a cancellation. We were seated at a nice booth in the back. It was a pleasant surprise when I checked in on FourSquare to find out I had a free margarita. She got the AJI DE GALLINA - Shredded chicken breast in creamy aji amarillo, Parmesan cheese & walnut sauce. Served over baby Yukon potatoes with white rice. I got the LOMO SALTADO - Sirloin steak strips stir-fried with sweet onions, tomatoes, garlic & Peruvian peppers. Served with white rice & garnished with steak fries. We got the flan and torta de chocolate for desert. I also got a chocolate martini that was expertly presented with chocolate swirls and hearts. Overall it was a great experience. I would recommend it.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stopped in on a Saturday night about 7:30 with no reservation and were able to be seated right away. The decor is great and the food is even better. This was our first time eating Peruvian food and we enjoyed it. Our server was most professional and trained well, which is a welcome change from alot of places lately. The drinks, food and service were all really good. We will stop at Mango again next time in St Louis.

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Initial impression was poor. I travel frequently for business and often din. @e alone. The hostess barely acknowledged me and seemed burdened that I asked for a table. The atmosphere is pleasant though the decor seems unfinished. The service was mediocre at best, I wasn't once offered more to drink.when my glass was empty, but I'm not shy about requesting another. The food was good, though I was somewhat disappointed as there is other tapas restaurants very nearby that are superb. I won't say don't dine here but there is far better cuisine very nearby.