“Awesome....”

Ranked #2 of 26 Saint Louis B&B and Inns
Missouri
“Awesome....”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We traditionally are not B&Bers but if this is any indication of what it's like then we are going to become B&Bers. The house was immaculately clean, well located and so welcoming. The service ,owners and staff were top notch. They provide everything you could possibly need or you have forgotten. It was so comfortable we forfeited some sights just to hang around and walk the neighborhood. We used the hot tub upstairs and the balcony off of the hot tub room to share a bottle of wine. We stayed in the Reservoir Park room which was roomy and comfortable. The mattress and sheets are of the highest quality. I was amazed that we could not hear other guests! The only thing I would change is we would have dinner there one of the nights. The breakfasts were amazing. Parking is in a gated area off street. The location is very near St. Louis University. This place was worth every penny!

Room Tip: The Reservoir Park room faced the street. We had no problems with noise.
1 Thank MargaretL343

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I had been keeping my eyes on this place for over three years. It was hard to believe that any place could receive so many rave reviews. Finally, I made reservations for my wife and I to celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary. It was more than I expected. Nestled in a neighborhood filled with history dating back before the Civil War (have to read the books in the study),the Fleur-De-Lys Mansion has kept its charmed. Jan and Dave were out of town, but they have the best person for hospitality in a competent and jubilant young lady named Vickie. Vickie, you're the best. She really took care of us. The chocolates, cookies, and beverages throughout the mansion were a wonderful touch.
I can see how this place can be a home away from home. After exploring the mansion's rooms, my wife and I felt at ease. There was another couple staying at the mansion besides us, but we would have never known if we weren't in the library as they were leaving for dinner. Speaking of dinner.
To our chef Dawn, your cuisine was absolutely fantastic. My wife and I can't stop talking about our four course meal. Every small detail to the presentation to our food and taste was exquisite. Its not every day that we get chef to cook and serve each course. Thanks for the delightful conversation too. It was an incredible night of dining and romance for my wife and I.
The rooms were well thought out. Each room has its own personality and charm. We had the Forest Park, which was fabulous. The beds and sheets were inviting at the end of the night. It was like sleeping on clouds. The rooms are well insulated, it was a quiet and peaceful sleep. The breakfast that morning was delicious. All in all, we didn't want to leave. Vicky and Dawn, you two made that feeling of "not wanting to leave" possible. From the bottom of my heart "Thank you".
We will be back for sure. Hopefully I will meet Jan and Dave the next time we come. One thing is for sure, I know why this place keeps getting rave reviews. This place is on the top of my list. Only after you experience how excellent service and exceptional hospitality should be (exemplified at the Fleur-De-Lys Mansion) will you understand why they are the benchmark for all B&Bs.

1 Thank Emul8tinglight
Mount Vernon, Illinois, United States
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The mansion is beautiful, awesome, historical, luxurious, and fantastic in every way. It is only exceeded by the personal hospitality of Jan, Dave, and Vickie. We felt warmly welcomed and as if we were in our own home with family. We look forward to many return visits in the years to come.

1 Thank Nancy G
Scott AFB, IL
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This was our second time staying at the Fleur-De-Lys and the stay was just as wonderful as the one seven months ago. Beautiful rooms, sweet people, and great food/service/amenities made for a superb time.

1 Thank Jessman31
Louisville, Illinois
Reviewed December 18, 2012

My wife and I returned after staying here several years ago. Sometimes when something is really good, it's not as great the second time around. Not so here. We remembered why this is our favorite B&B over the years. Very friendly staff and comfortable authentic surroundings, great breakfast! We'll be back sooner.

1 Thank dabailey
Rolla, Missouri
Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

As soon as we drove up, we knew we were in for a treat. What a wonderful way to spend our 38th Anniversary. From the second Jan opened the door and welcomed us as family, until the very warm "see you later," everything was perfect. The Mansion is a peaceful oasis in the middle of a hectic world. We had plans for the day, mostly centered around Christmas shopping, but cut them short so we could share the warm, cozy, quiet parlor fireplace. It was by far the most relaxing time we have ever had together. Next time, and that will be soon, we intend to plan a little better so we can enjoy the hot tub in the solarium. I usually have a hard time the first night in another bed. Not here. The massive bed in the Resevoir Room was so comfortable we both fell to sleep almost immediately. The nights sleep was near as good as the parlor. I really hate making this review in a public forum for fear the place will be full the next time we are in town.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andy D
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We rented out the entire Mansion for my Mom's 60th Birthday surprise party. It was decorated for Christmas, and everything was beautiful. The classic old feel of the home was complimented by every modern convenience you could hope for to make it a comfortable stay. Jan and her husband were wonderful hosts, along with Vickie the house manager. They were more than just the owners and employees, they were like friends by the end of our weekend. Breakfast was great both days. Gourmet style brunch food hearty enough to let you skip lunch for the day. The rooms were nicely appointed, and the house was well maintained. On Saturday, we stayed at the Mansion and their chef, Dawn, prepared a four course dinner in the main dining room that was very good (sherry coated shrimp, wild mushroom fondue, Caesar salad, apple and white cheddar tarts, chocolate port beef tenderloin, maple sherry pecan encrusted salmon, and homemade birthday cake for dessert). I have been to many B&B on the Select Registry, and this is one of the finest.

1 Thank jbzippy13