“Hope I Can Save You From an Awful Experience”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint Louis
Eastlake Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #19 of 26 Saint Louis B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 17, 2009

My stay at the Eastlake Inn was a very unpleasant one. We arrived on a Friday evening and planned on staying at the inn that night and on Saturday night. Our initial impression was that the inn was a little cluttered with plastic flowers and other decorating tastes that we didn't share but the fireplace in the room was a nice touch and the two person whirlpool looked inviting. After returning from dinner we decided to give the tub a try. A nice experience until I noticed all of the mildewed jets in the tub. The two person shower was roomy but the trickle of water from the shower head ruined the desired effect. Climbing into the bed we found the mattress way too soft and lumpy. We could not get any distance between us due to the lack of support in the mattress. The accumulated dust on the baseboards and furniture triggered my allergies and I had difficulty breathing. Neither myself nor my husband were able to get any sleep. My husband said he felt like he had hundreds of little pins sticking in him and his recovering back injury was greatly aggravated. The breakfast was a purchased muffin (which none of the 4 diners ate), bland sauted apples, and an egg dish (the white of my egg was not thoroughly cooked). We were so miserable I told Lori of our complaints and that we could not stay Saturday night. She refused to refund our money for the Saturday night. Our misery was so great we walked away from over $ 160.00 and booked other lodging . I strongly recommend not staying at the Eastlake Inn.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
11  Thank SSABLOOMINGTON
EastlakeInn, owner at Eastlake Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2010

We have been in business for 19 years. We wouldn't be in this business that long if the complaints you voiced were true. The bed you slept in was a premium Serta mattress with a gel filled mattress topper. Most people find this luxurious, you found it lumpy. We would have gladly taken this mattress topper off the bed if you had voiced the concern at the time of the stay, not waited to write a bad review after the fact. Many inns use store bought muffins and warm them. There is nothing wrong with that. The muffins are extremely large and decadent, and we see no reason not to buy they from our local bakery. We accept complaints at the time of the stay to be valid and we can correct them. We cannot correct them if you have already left and write a nasty review about our fine establishment.

Reviewed June 13, 2008

My sister and I wanted to finish our vacation by staying in a B and B. The picture on the internet looked like the perfect place. We couldn't wait to try the peach french toast. The picture of the four dogs looked beautiful as they were lying in the yard. I didn't expect to be "overly greeted" by all four of them as we entered the house. I was more upset to see that they were in the kitchen as our breakfast was being prepared. The owner had to call two of them to move so that I could sit down to eat. The grounds were in great need of work. I have never stayed in a place that so badly needed a good dusting. The shower was beautiful until we saw the lack of water pressure. The worst part was feeling that we were a burden to the owner just by being there. We were eager to get up the next morning and leave. The breakfast was okay but when we asked about that french toast, we were told that she only makes it when peaches are in season. That needed to be stated on the website. I am still upset that the cost was so high and feel that we didn't get what was advertised.

Stayed: June 2008
7  Thank oddfellowh
EastlakeInn, owner at Eastlake Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2009

I am so sorry you were disappointed with your stay. we don't make french toast every single day. I don't know how long your stay was, but we serve french toast all year, but when peaches are not in season (july and august) we don't serve them. Store bought peaches are not any good. Again, I apologize for not serving french toast on the day you stayed with us.