“Wonderfully surprised”

Today
8:00 PM
Ranked #999 of 3,337 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Sushi
Description: Located in Midtown near Saint Louis University, BaiKu is a unique sushi experience, serving the freshest fish in St. Louis.
Reviewed June 22, 2018

a friend and I were going to Powell Symphony Hall and wanted to go to dinner before. We chose BaiKu because she wanted sushi. She had the shiitake mushroom potstickers and Rainbow sushi and loved it. I had the crab rangoon and the Grilled Salmon entree with pineapple sticky rice. Oh my gosh! the portion of salmon was big and so delicious! The crab rangoon were too. The decor was beautiful from the art on the walls to the bathroom, seriously! Did I mention they have happy hour from 430-6pm? That made the trip even better. 20% off your entire bill, including alcoholic beverages. Lastly, our waitress was so helpful and friendly, unfortunately I can't remember her name. Alll in all, a pleasant evening out with a dear friend. I highly recommend this restaurant

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed October 18, 2017

We are avid sushi lovers, and thought the freshness, styling, and execution were excellent. And we mixed non-sushi selections among them and everything worked because they were also light, tasty, small and beautifully prepared.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed September 12, 2017

Okay, I live in Japan so I have certain expectations about sushi, probably unrealistic ones. I thought I'd try a sushi place when I visited St. Louis and this is the one I ended up at. I ordered edamame, gyoza (potstickers) and nigiri maguro. The edamame were great, though too hot to eat at first. The gyoza had a Chinese-style sauce nothing like what you would find in Japan (which might be okay, but I didn't find the sauce tasty) and were flat with little in them. The maguro cost $14 for something I would pay $2 for in Japan and were pretty much tasteless. So I found out what it was like to eat at a place like this--very disappointing. The service was okay, though no one seemed to speak Japanese.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed May 22, 2017

We three went here for a dinner break. We all left satisfied. The interior is clean and pleasant, the service good, the food great.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed May 3, 2017

The food was good but not great. The fried rice was made with what seemed to be minute rice. The rest was the meal was also fine but not memorable.

Date of visit: March 2017