“Favorite Place”
Review of London Tea Room

London Tea Room
Reserve with OpenTable
London Tea Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 75 Coffee & Tea in Saint Louis
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have a traveling job and drive across the country often, and this is my absolute FAVORITE place to eat in the country. I've dragged co-workers there every time we are in St. Louis and they all end up loving it and wanting to go back multiple times while we are there, which of course I am more than happy to do!

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We have had lunch at The London Tea Room several times and the experience is always enjoyable. We usually order the Croque Madame. We have did the Afternoon Tea recently and it was fun for the kids to experience. The scones, finger sandwiches and pastries were good.

The tea room is in the Washington Avenue district of downtown St. Louis. We have taken the kids to The City Museum and walked around the corner to the tea room for a late afternoon snack.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

My daughter chose this as one of her experiences for her birthday weekend. I was a little worried because she and her friends are 15 and not used to tea. lol

We went during Sunday brunch and ordered the "Cream Tea" for all of us. The "Cream Tea" consists of a scone with homemade cream or butter and a pot of tea of our choice. The scone was delicious and the butter was even better. The girls thoroughly enjoyed themselves and loved the tea!

The price was great for what we ordered. The only thing I could possibly complain about was the service. I don't know if this was on "OFF" day for our waitress but she was terrible. She didn't hide the fact that she was annoyed to answer the questions that my teenagers asked her. She also didn't come to our table once to ask if anything was okay. She forgot part of our order. They weren't even busy or I could have let it slide.

I'd love to go back again but unless the service improves, it may be the last time. I would have given this place 5 stars if not for the waitress.

1  Thank shellakers
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We came here couple years ago and LOVED IT. It was just as great this 2nd time. The staff is wonderful. The food was really fresh and the tea is awesome. The strawberry salad is the Best.

Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Went here for 2nd time (1st time over 1yr ago) and had a great experience again! This time was with 10 people on a Sunday, made advanced reservations & they had a large table(s) ready for us when we arrived. Exceptional tea selection, something for every taste. I had lavender Earl Grey, steeped perfectly. Whole group enjoyed their food. I had the brie & apple sandwich & white chicken/chili soup - it was probably one of the best sandwiches I've ever had - perfect amount of brie & apples crisp & thin, on perfectly toasted fresh pugliese bread - I've had dreams about this sandwich!!! I wish I lived closer to this place...I highly recommend it to everyone!!!