“LOVED IT”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We came here couple years ago and LOVED IT. It was just as great this 2nd time. The staff is wonderful. The food was really fresh and the tea is awesome. The strawberry salad is the Best.

Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Went here for 2nd time (1st time over 1yr ago) and had a great experience again! This time was with 10 people on a Sunday, made advanced reservations & they had a large table(s) ready for us when we arrived. Exceptional tea selection, something for every taste. I had lavender Earl Grey, steeped perfectly. Whole group enjoyed their food. I had the brie & apple sandwich & white chicken/chili soup - it was probably one of the best sandwiches I've ever had - perfect amount of brie & apples crisp & thin, on perfectly toasted fresh pugliese bread - I've had dreams about this sandwich!!! I wish I lived closer to this place...I highly recommend it to everyone!!!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We used to live across the street from the London Tea Room and we were anxious to revisit while on a recent trip back to St. Louis. We walked in to find that now they have table service, so no more standing in line, but everything else is still the same...meaning a great selection of teas, pastries, quiche, sandwiches, salads, etc., as well as a full espresso service.

We came for breakfast, so our order included the sausage breakfast sandwich, a slice of quiche, a slice of lemon/blueberry cake, a slice of pumpkin gooey butter cake and a pot of assam tea. Okay...so maybe it was brunch! It would be hard to pick our favorite of the four food items...they were all simply "yum"!!!!

You can stop in for a cup of tea or a full blown English afternoon tea event....or anything in between. This little restaurant was started by two London-ishers so I'm assuming it's pretty authentic. Authentic or not, this is one of our favorite morning places to sip great tea, watch people on Washington Avenue and simply enjoy.

1  Thank MNM1011
Reviewed June 25, 2012

This was a bit of a walk from our hotel but well worth it. Scones were wonderful and choice of teas mindboggling (Queen of Hearts was a winner). Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

I'm a loose leaf tea person who was in St. Louis visiting from Chicago, and I found this place online and was soooo glad I came in. My mom and I enjoyed the colorful atmosphere, the fresh iced teas, and the delicious desserts. We loved the blueberry lemon cake and the victorian sandwich. We've both traveled to London, and we're excited about the prospect of eating anything a little more "authentic." Loved it! Next time we are in town, we will definitely come back. There's a downtown trolley stop a block from the place, and it's basically across the street from the city museum. What more could you ask for?