“a great evening”

Eleven Eleven Mississippi
Reserve with OpenTable
Eleven Eleven Mississippi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 2,957 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Lafayette Square
Cross street: Between Chouteau & Park
Description: Eleven Eleven Mississippi blends old and new world culinary tradition to create signature Tuscan & Northern California cuisine in a one of a kind atmosphere. Located in the heart of the beautiful Lafayette Square neighborhood & situated in a restored historic brick warehouse, the restaurants reputation for exceptional cuisine & wine delivered with unprecedented style has made Eleven Eleven Mississippi a local favorite.
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We went to Eleven Eleven before a concert. Our server was the right amount of attentiveness. We enjoyed our dinner on the outside patio. Would go back.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Last minute reservation for 8 for lunch was welcomed. The service was attentive, and very professional. Every food item was prepared perfectly and delicious . The patio was beautiful, as well as the inside decor. The experience was so good, I have already recommended this place to friends.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Eleven eleven has long been one of our favorite restaurants in an area on many great choices. The food is consistently top calibre and the staff excellent. This evening was no different. My wife loves the crab cakes! The melon soup special was superb. My beef was prepared perfectly. This place is not to be missed!

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I have to start by saying the hostess was extremely rude when we got there around 10 minutes early for our reservation. We still waited at least 10 minutes in the packed entryway. It was a busy Saturday night but I've never been treated this rudely at a nice restaurant before. The atmosphere was fun and the food was well done. Our friends split a pizza was large enough for 2 and an affordable option. My husband and I each had an entree and were happy with them, although they weren't memorable enough for me to remember what they were. It was my b-day and they brought out a large piece of cake, big enough to share with the table, which was a nice surprise. The service itself was excellent after we had gotten past the hostess.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This has been one of our favorite St. Louis restaurants since we first started going about 8 years ago. I've hosted several birthdays here which I certainly wouldn't do at any restaurant that's not a real favorite. All of the food is excellent. Never had anything we didn't like. The Wild Boar Ravioli as a starter is always a favorite. Steaks are excellent as well as unique pasta preparations. The level is service is excellent - even though we might not really go more than a few times a year, they remember us. I should say that my gorgeous son is an autistic young hunk - on the severe end of the spectrum - non verbal. So because of his uniqueness we are generally remembered almost everywhere. But, they go out of their way to make us comfortable, making sure to give us our favorite banquette which ends at a half wall so he's cozy and right next to where the waiters do some prep like water, bread, etc so he likes to watch them. I want to mention (to paint a picture of sorts) the part of town where "1111" resides because I think it adds to the overall ambience. You'll find this in a really historic part of St.Louis featuring cobblestone streets, old townhouses/ row houses. Several different dining establishments. About a block away on the Park are much grander homes - Gilded Age mansions of sorts - meaning mansions of city style (not any property to speak of) but varied architectural styles.
The one and only 'not wonderful' thing I'll say is that in my opinion, the interior of this cool place could use some tweaking (updating). Granted, I 'm really really into décor and design more than most people. The exposed brick is great - a real downtown loft feel. It's just the tables and chairs are too generic for this type of building. Too standard. I'd love to redecorate this place. I could see intensely hued UPHOLSTERED chairs surrounding maybe iron and glass tables. Banquettes reupholstered in complementary fabrics. White linen tablecloths on the banquettes but glass tops on the tables. Fresh flowers and flickering candles. Okay - I just went off on a tangent. But, hey, that's my opinion. Anyway, please don't hesitate to visit this very cool, very tasty and unique spot.

1  Thank gogirl51