“Always A Great Dining Experience.”

Eleven Eleven Mississippi
Reserve with OpenTable
Eleven Eleven Mississippi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 2,950 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Lafayette Square
Cross street: Between Chouteau & Park
Description: Eleven Eleven Mississippi blends old and new world culinary tradition to create signature Tuscan & Northern California cuisine in a one of a kind atmosphere. Located in the heart of the beautiful Lafayette Square neighborhood & situated in a restored historic brick warehouse, the restaurants reputation for exceptional cuisine & wine delivered with unprecedented style has made Eleven Eleven Mississippi a local favorite.
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This has been one of our favorite St. Louis restaurants since we first started going about 8 years ago. I've hosted several birthdays here which I certainly wouldn't do at any restaurant that's not a real favorite. All of the food is excellent. Never had anything we didn't like. The Wild Boar Ravioli as a starter is always a favorite. Steaks are excellent as well as unique pasta preparations. The level is service is excellent - even though we might not really go more than a few times a year, they remember us. I should say that my gorgeous son is an autistic young hunk - on the severe end of the spectrum - non verbal. So because of his uniqueness we are generally remembered almost everywhere. But, they go out of their way to make us comfortable, making sure to give us our favorite banquette which ends at a half wall so he's cozy and right next to where the waiters do some prep like water, bread, etc so he likes to watch them. I want to mention (to paint a picture of sorts) the part of town where "1111" resides because I think it adds to the overall ambience. You'll find this in a really historic part of St.Louis featuring cobblestone streets, old townhouses/ row houses. Several different dining establishments. About a block away on the Park are much grander homes - Gilded Age mansions of sorts - meaning mansions of city style (not any property to speak of) but varied architectural styles.
The one and only 'not wonderful' thing I'll say is that in my opinion, the interior of this cool place could use some tweaking (updating). Granted, I 'm really really into décor and design more than most people. The exposed brick is great - a real downtown loft feel. It's just the tables and chairs are too generic for this type of building. Too standard. I'd love to redecorate this place. I could see intensely hued UPHOLSTERED chairs surrounding maybe iron and glass tables. Banquettes reupholstered in complementary fabrics. White linen tablecloths on the banquettes but glass tops on the tables. Fresh flowers and flickering candles. Okay - I just went off on a tangent. But, hey, that's my opinion. Anyway, please don't hesitate to visit this very cool, very tasty and unique spot.

1  Thank gogirl51

Reviewed May 25, 2014

We were in town for Memorial Day weekend and made late plans for a couples dinner on Saturday night. The reservation widget on the restaurant's website could only give us an 8:30PM opening. But a quick call got us in at 6:30PM. Although the setting and menu would lead you to believe that it was a more formal restaurant (and it can certainly meet the needs of a formal dinner inside), it is a casual restaurant -- so don't worry if you only have shorts or jeans. We dined in outside on their patio. The wine list is well developed with many choices. We shared a great Merlot through the evening. The menu has many great choices (including a wild boar ravioli) and was expanded with several tempting specials. Once we ordered our entrees, we started off with some complimentary bread and dipping oil. We skipped the starters and salads, but we saw several go out to other tables that looked delicious. Our entrees arrived in short order. They were well portioned, eye pleasing, and tasted wonderful. Each plate was balanced with wonderful flavors that made you anticipate every bite. We ordered the sampler dessert plate and shared it among the four of us. The flourless chocolate torta, creme custard, and gooey butter cake finished the dinner off with a sweet end. The service was attentive and knowledgeable. This was definitely a top-notch experience. It is highly recommended.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Fantastic lunch when we arrived in St Louis. Too busy to get dinner reservations. If interested, make your reservations early!

Reviewed May 6, 2014

My wife and I have eaten at Eleven Eleven many times... maybe ten over the last 3 years. Every time has been excellent. This goes for the atmosphere, service, food and value. Tonight, I had the salmon and my wife had the petit filet. Both of our entrees were outstanding. The server was helpful and understanding of the menu items (at least the items about which we asked). I highly recommend this restaurant. It is my #1 choice in St. Louis.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Absolutely delicious food with a nice wine list, not overpriced---I'd go back here anytime! The lobster salad sandwich was spectacular and one of the best sandwiches I've ever had, ever! The only thing I thought not exceptional was the the house-made bread, which just could have been my personal taste because I prefer a crusty style, but it was nonetheless very good & of very high quality. My friend loved the lamb special.