“American Cuisine?”

Eleven Eleven Mississippi
Reserve with OpenTable
Eleven Eleven Mississippi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 2,971 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Lafayette Square
Cross street: Between Chouteau & Park
Description: Eleven Eleven Mississippi blends old and new world culinary tradition to create signature Tuscan & Northern California cuisine in a one of a kind atmosphere. Located in the heart of the beautiful Lafayette Square neighborhood & situated in a restored historic brick warehouse, the restaurants reputation for exceptional cuisine & wine delivered with unprecedented style has made Eleven Eleven Mississippi a local favorite.
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I grew up in the midwest on a farm, and traveling Europe being exposed to many different types of food. I didn't read the menu before I went in and expected American cuisine. The menu has duck, sheep, rabbit, and bison. The special for the day was sheep. I'm just not into wild game or sheep. I was expecting more of a northen California type of cuisine...my mistake. My husband ordered grouper and it was excellent. I orded the spinach salad and it was not good or as described. I had to ask the waiter to bring the wine I ordered and he said he thought I wanted it with my meal. Too much of a hassel for me.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Our reservation was not a problem, our service was great. They ran out of the wine we chose considering it was one of their featured bottles. So our wine we chose for our food was not to be. Appetizer of quail with a rabbit mousse and parsnips, awesome! We chose the specials which I always hope will be the best option. My husband had the roasted pork which was rich and very good. I had the scallops which were not so good. I kept smelling the fish to decide if it was off but I could not tell due to the sauce. My stomach told me otherwise that evening. I have to quit ordering seafood in the Midwest! We had a dessert but it was not up to par with some of the other foods. The seating is very close as they set you next to others just a body away. It does make it hard to place your purse and coat when you have someone else's coat/purse almost in your seat. The service however was excellent.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Excellent service and great food. The Lafayette Square location gave us a chance to walk around the lovely historic neighborhood.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

This restaurant is tucked away on Mississippi near Lafayette Square and the food is among the best I've tasted in St. Louis.
I have eaten here two or three times over the past year and from the experienced wait staff to the ambiance, this restaurant is definitely amazing.
Its a great choice for a romantic dinner or sophisticated girls night out.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Unfortunately thats where the accolade ends. I've eaten here on occasion and have found the food to be fairly good, not great. I'm not sure what was going on tonight. Service was terrible and the food was very mediocre.
When our party of four sat down we were immediately ( and I mean within 30 seconds) asked what we wanted to drink ( ok) and then told the nights specials. We were barely in our seats! We told the waiter to just give us a few minutes and he disappeared for about 1/2 hour. It did not get better from a service standpoint. The guy needs some retraining. Never asked how our food was and certainly didn't care
I ordered the special Bibb salad and received an arugula salad. I love arugula and it was fine but not what I ordered. Our waiter was nowhere to be found so I just ate it. My husband had the spinach salad and said it was good.
For main entree I ordered the grouper. The fish was cooked well but there was so much thick some kind of maple tasting sauce it completely engulfed my celery root mashed potatoes and snow peas. It was like eating cafeteria food. Presentation completely nonexistent
My husband had the " pig " (waiters term) and he said it was like a ham slice from Aldi. Again no presentation.
Apple carmellate for desert= apple chunks and almond puff pastry swimming in caramel sauce. Yuk!
I will never go back to this place. Too many good restaurants in St Louis to waste time giving it another chance.