“Nice vibe, great venue...”

Eleven Eleven Mississippi
Reserve with OpenTable
Eleven Eleven Mississippi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 2,926 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Lafayette Square
Cross street: Between Chouteau & Park
Description: Eleven Eleven Mississippi blends old and new world culinary tradition to create signature Tuscan & Northern California cuisine in a one of a kind atmosphere. Located in the heart of the beautiful Lafayette Square neighborhood & situated in a restored historic brick warehouse, the restaurants reputation for exceptional cuisine & wine delivered with unprecedented style has made Eleven Eleven Mississippi a local favorite.
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Nice vibe, great venue...”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Unfortunately thats where the accolade ends. I've eaten here on occasion and have found the food to be fairly good, not great. I'm not sure what was going on tonight. Service was terrible and the food was very mediocre.
When our party of four sat down we were immediately ( and I mean within 30 seconds) asked what we wanted to drink ( ok) and then told the nights specials. We were barely in our seats! We told the waiter to just give us a few minutes and he disappeared for about 1/2 hour. It did not get better from a service standpoint. The guy needs some retraining. Never asked how our food was and certainly didn't care
I ordered the special Bibb salad and received an arugula salad. I love arugula and it was fine but not what I ordered. Our waiter was nowhere to be found so I just ate it. My husband had the spinach salad and said it was good.
For main entree I ordered the grouper. The fish was cooked well but there was so much thick some kind of maple tasting sauce it completely engulfed my celery root mashed potatoes and snow peas. It was like eating cafeteria food. Presentation completely nonexistent
My husband had the " pig " (waiters term) and he said it was like a ham slice from Aldi. Again no presentation.
Apple carmellate for desert= apple chunks and almond puff pastry swimming in caramel sauce. Yuk!
I will never go back to this place. Too many good restaurants in St Louis to waste time giving it another chance.

• Visited December 2012

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Overpriced and average food”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

The title explains it all. The menu is overpriced for just average food. I went once with two girlfriends and do not plan on returning.

Visited May 2012
Cottage Grove, Minnesota
“A bit over-hyped”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We dined here on our last night in St Louis. We were looking for that last special dinner on our last day of a 3 week vacation. It started out badly when our GPS couldn't find the place, insisting it was in the middle of a park. We did find it and made our way inside only to find the restaurant had lost our reservation. This was a busy night and we were seated next to a very loud European couple. Our waiter was very attentive and pleasant and knew the menu. We started out with a bottle of wine which was delivered immediately and was followed by the mussel's appetizer. We both bit into our first mussels and both had grit in our mouths. We looked at each other and tried a few more. Not all of them were gritty but enough were to make them unpleasant to eat which is unfortunate as they were delicious otherwise. We ordered the grilled salmon which was prepared very nicely and the red ruby trout which was incredibly dry. To the manager's credit the mussels were taken off our bill but we probably would not return to this restaurant. Maybe it was just an off night.

• Visited November 2012
cincinnati, ohio
“Nice for a special occasion”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We were visiting from Ohio and this restaurant was recommended by our B & B. We loved it! It was a hoppin' place with a great menu and a good wine list. Our waiter was knowledgable and attentive but didn't hover. Next year when we visit St. Louis again, we'll be sure to stop back.

Visited November 2012
“Great Business Lunch”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Eleven Eleven is the perfect spot for a business or casual lunch. It far surpasses the other options in beautiful Lafayette Square. The atmosphere is nice without being snooty, trendy without being pretentious. The food is fabulous. It's delicious and plated nicely. Service is super without being over bearing. Both my colleague and I had the "trio" for lunch which consists of your choice of soup with a side salad and 1/2 pizza for $12.99. I had the ever-popular shrimp and corn bisque. It had just the right amount of kick with a rich flavor. The mixed field greens salad was fresh and crispy. It has red onions, toasted pumpkin seeds, tomatoes & pecorino with just the right amount of dressing. (I hate a salad sopping in dressing!) The salad was served with my choice of oven baked pizza--wild mushroom.The crust is thin and crispy. The amount of food in the trio makes for quite a hearty lunch!

But wait, you can't leave without sampling one of Executive Chef Carl Hazel's desserts! I had the warm apple “caramellate” – flaky almond puff pastry, fresh apples, caramel sauce & cinnamon ice cream! OMG! Yes, it was way too much food for lunch. You can easily share a dessert. But it was to die-for--well worth the $6.99 pricetag! My colleague had the gooey butter cakes--her personal favorite. I will make it a point to get back to Eleven Eleven soon. There's simply no reason not to make it a regular spot!

• Visited November 2012