“Worth the visit!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout
Omaha, Nebraska
“Worth the visit!”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We visited here during our weekend in St. Louis and I'm so glad! We went to the Mangrove location about 12 on Saturday morning and walked right in! There was a singer that day and she was joined by a man playing an instrument...not sure what it was, I was too busy looking around!
The food is plentiful and HOT...so good! I had the fried chicken and it was the best I've ever had! The sides are hard to choose from but I had the mac and cheese and green beans...the cornbread was a disappointment...not sure why it's so dry...seems that isn't quite right! My husband had the pork steak and gravy, spaghetti and mac and cheese. I wasn't fond of the spaghetti...too sweet. We both had the peach cobbler! So good! Prices are reasonable.

• Visited November 2013
5 Thank Sue4605

Blue Springs, Missouri
“Very good food. Drfove 4 hours for it.”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Consider this a double date weekend. Some friends from Chicago met my wife and I ( Blue Springs, MO ) in St Louis for a "Sweetie Pie's" getaway. We met up at the hotel and then went to the restaurant.

Well, as most have said, prepare to stand in line. With good conversation, it did not seem like 50 minuted but we made it to the ordering section. I must say that they have their stuff together in how they keep the line moving and the restaurant flowing. It seemed that we would not get a table but somehow it all worked out.

All of us tried different entrees and we all enjoyed them. Now mind you, this was not the best "soul" food I have had but the experience of going, eating and enjoying friends for the weekend was worth the trip.

• Visited November 2013
4 Thank Woodrow W
Jackson, Tennessee
“Worth the Drive”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Some friends and I drove in from Tennessee and arrived about an hour before opening. We were about 10th in line and when the doors opened we looked behind us and there was probably another 60 people. Our Server was Frenchy and he was hilarious and professional. The atmosphere was very family friendly and inviting. All the servers on the line were friendly and kind. Now enough of that....when I put that macaroni in my mouth I heard that harps of the angel's playing while the great taste of homemade mac & cheese danced in my mouth...lol. The food was so amazing. Unfortunately, we did not get a chance to see Mrs. Robie but we felt her presence in her food. This place was well worth 4 hour drive for us!!!!

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank Tennessee G
“Not a fluke. The food is mucho tasty.”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

The wait is longggggg and it's hot in the summer (went on a Sunday) but the food is very good. Just so happened to see Mrs. Robbie as well. The meatloaf was tender, the Mac n Cheese was well portioned and the chicken was stellar. It's worth a swing-by. Yum.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank QueenZenobia7
Ocala, Florida, United States
“Global Welcome”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The long line was indication that something was up inside, so the family and I joined in the chattering and swapping of stories while we salivated over the cakes displayed. We had the opportunity to take photos with some of the staff who appeared on the reality show. They were all so cordial and genuinely friendly. I met so many people while waiting in line it was amazing to hear how far they had traveled for a taste of "soul." The servers were so much fun and could carry on a conversation with a rock! The food was good, well seasoned, our waiter was attentive and down to earth. Bring your appetite AND a to go box, you'll need them both! I felt like I had come home to my grandmother's for dinner and she had invited a guest for every part of the world. It was indeed a global experience in St. Louis.

• Visited March 2013