“Was excited to go to Sweetie Pies”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Sweetie Pies - CLOSED

Sweetie Pies
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Was excited to go to Sweetie Pies”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Had to go through St Louis to get back to Tulsa. Had heard so much talk about Sweetie Pie's so thought would stop there and get dinner for when we got home. We went to the Manchester location and yes line was out the door. It took about an hour to work through the line but I thought it would be worth it. We got the collard greens, mac & cheese, chicken wings, peach cobbler, banana pudding. The greens were tough, chicken wings were humongous( much larger than I like) and tough as well and neither the greens nor the chicken was seasoned well (just bland), have had much better mac & cheese, banana pudding tasted like boxed not southern but the peach cobbler was nice. I may try again at another location to see if any better but for this trip I would have done better if I cooked myself. We were not impressed. as a matter of fact very disappointed.

3 Thank smileyme8138

Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Chi town review!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

The food was good. The staff was great. Everyone was courtesy and friendly, but the icing on the cake was meeting Ms Robbie!

Chicago, Illinois
“Old Fashioned Soul Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Recently took a group of 51 to UpperCrust the food was great, made u think your grandma was in the kitchen. The food was delicious and very well seasoned some things were a little salty. The ox tails were very good but the string beans were not seasoned well. The servers were great they carried your food to the table.The peach cobbler was awesome planning on returning soon.

Columbia, South Carolina
“Hello St. Louis!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Raised and born in the south,I was looking for homecooked food that went above southern cooking.well that didn't happen.The wait wasn't that long,but the servers pushed the customers thru the line.I order the half of a chicken special( 4 count of chicken and 2 sides)When I arrived at the checkout,my card was pulled with disrespect and returned back to me with the same disrespect.The employee's on the line didn't seem to happy with there job.The waiters on the other hand were kind and wiiing to do whatever made the customer stay rewarding.If you are in St Louis and you are not having a good day with home cooked food for where you are from,stop in.

1 Thank Rhonda C
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good home cooked food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

Arrive minutes before 3 buses pulled in, whew! Had the chicken wings, mac and cheese, cabbage and sweet potatoes. One was a good as the other. Peach cobbler for dessert tonight, yum! Clean place, hot & good food. If I had arrived after the buses, I may not have waited in the line out the door. Glad I got there first.

Visited May 2013