“It wasn't what I expected”
Review of Sweetie Pies - CLOSED

Sweetie Pies
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My husband watches Sweetie Pies on television all the time and it’s all the talk about. So we were in St Louis, MO for the Labor Day weekend. We made plans to visit the restaurant, but because it was raining; he wiggle his way out of going and I went with family. When we arrived, it was raining, so we stood outside in the rain. If I had driven my car, I would have left. So I went into the restaurant and the television crew was there filming. The wait in line to eat was about 30 minutes but seem like an hour. You would think that the staff would be all smiles, if there is a television crew inside filming to post on live television. But no!! The staff was not as friendly as I assumed they would be. I will not visit it again.

3  Thank Talk_On

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Different feel but excellent outcome. Ate way to much! We was at new location during filming time. Fun Staff!

2  Thank Marquita M
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We found this place only to find the bbq restuarant we were looking for had burned dow. We were a group of 15. Cafeteria style made ordering fast. No crowd so we set immediately. Food was really good and fresh. Our waiter was very personable, attentive, and quite entertaining. Prices were okay compared to Southern-style cooking you would pay for in California. My favorite was the rib tips, cabbage, and the yams were fantastic. The portions were very generous, even on the kids meal. Definitely worth a try.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Just had lunch there with my family this past Saturday and have to say it was so much fun. Service was exceptional, everyone was friendly and helpful despite the crowd. It was well organized and staff kept an eye out and tried to move it along.

What can be said about the mac and cheese, OMG! Husband said the fish was the some of the best he ever had. Everyone who had the chicken whether wings or bigger pieces also loved it. I only had side dishes (i'm a vegetarian) but left completely full. Not only ate my mashed potato's but most of my daughters!

What really made the experience is that they had a singer entertaining the crowd and she was absolutely amazing. I'm sorry I don't remember her name but she mentioned they were there on Saturdays from 12-2pm and if you get a chance to not only hear her sing but have lunch, go for it!

Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

Mac n cheese and candied yams were great. Everything else was good, but definitely overpriced. I'm from the South and used to this kind of cooking, so I wasn't just blown away, nor did I expect to be. If you are not used to soul food, you will probably think this is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

The service was excellent. We ate at the Upper Crust. It was an okay place. Reminded me of your typical cafeteria style place. Honestly, maybe the other locations are really run down and make this one look grand, but for some reason it didn't look like what I expected.

I would eat here from time to time if I lived near, though.