“MS cooking done "right"”
Review of Sweetie Pies At The Mangrove - CLOSED

Sweetie Pies At The Mangrove
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Forest Park
Reviewed January 4, 2014

DELISH!

I'm from MS so when I realized Sweetie Pie's is home cooking Mississippi-style, I had to drop in. Restaurants often miss the mark on Southern cooking. Sweetie Pie's does not disappoint between entrance & exit!

We were there 15 minutes before opening on a Monday and a line had already been formed. Once they open, they move you through quickly and get you set up for seating. While you go through the line, the staff secures your table and gets drinks. We had Calvin as our server and he was phenomenal.

It's cafeteria style so you let the gals know what you want. The portion size is massive so go hungry! The price was great, especially for the amount of food you get! The fried chicken was divine as was the mac & cheese--make sure to get these! I also had greens, black eyed peas, and sweet potatoes. None of us really cared for the desserts.

I'd definitely stop by Sweetie Pie's if you are in the area! It's worth the trip!

1  Thank DnllJns

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I been to Sweetie Pies several times and I have to say every time I am enjoying the food. It is fresh and tasty. The staff is friendly and always helpfull. My favourite is the meatloaf and the baked chicken.
Since the food is freshly prepared it can always happen that they run out of something and it take a quick minute to remake it. This might cause some waiting times which are well worth it.

As a little advice is to avoid long waits outside don't come during the rush hours like sunday noon after church. The line will be around the block.

Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Taking into account that this is the center of a "reality" TV show, my husband and I had severe reservations. I am glad to report that our dinner was GREAT! We arrived around 5pm on a Friday evening and had no difficulties with parking or lines. We have already recommended Sweetie Pies to our friends.

1  Thank MichelleGRN
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I totally enjoyed my experience at Sweetie Pie's at the Mangrove. Service was friendly and the staff was very accommodating. Food was piping hot and delicious. I had fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, dressing and black eyed peas. Peach cobbler for dessert and lemonade. All so delicious . Was in town for a Beyoncé concert. Would definitely go again when back in St. Louis.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I can't speak for every one else, but my experience was bad. I stood in line in the cold for about a hour. Once inside you had to stand in line for another forty minutes and once I got to the buffet they had ran out of the chicken . Several people including I had to stand for 20 more minutes, waiting on the chicken. Once I finally got my food and sat down my legs, my feet and my back was hurting so bad I could not enjoy my meal. So you see I was in so much pain I could only take a few bites of my meal. The food was decent, but I would not stand in that kind of line again. The servers were not very friendly, but the men who work the floor and carried your tray was very friendly. Well I can say I went to Sweetie Pie's.