“The food was excellent....that's what you're there for”
Review of Sweetie Pies At The Mangrove - CLOSED

Sweetie Pies At The Mangrove
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Forest Park
Reviewed January 26, 2013

The ride there was a little alarming. It's not in the greatest area of town but we had seen the place on Diners, Drive I s and Dives. And, we routinely check that website for local places to eat. The food was excellent, the service was excellent, the location was a little un-nerving but in the end, we are so glad we went!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Had the half chicken dinner with two sides - mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes - with killer peach cobbler for dessert. Out of this world taste at reasonable prices. Great atmosphere. Best tasting fried chicken I have ever had. Crispy outside, steamy and tender inside.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The food is great=just like eating at mama's. Crispy fried chicken,creamy mac & cheese, cabbage and corn bread-what more could I ask for. I sampled the catfish and it was hot & crispy and moist on the inside. This is a wonderful place to sit down and enjoy a great meal. Or you can get a carry out. If its Sunday you might run into the after church crowd but its worth the wait

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Our first today and the food was excellent!
My friend ate liver and onions that was so tender she cut it with her fork
My fried chicken was awesome as was the black eye peas and the banana pudding. Can't wait to go back and try something different

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I liked the friendly and welcoming staff, the eclectic homey atmosphere, and last, but not least, the delicious food: chicken wings, okra, st. Louis style ribs, mac. n' cheese, and sweet potatoes.