“Do it!”

Neighborhood: Tower Grove
baltimore, md
“Do it!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

If you're on the line about trying this place--do it!!!! Service is great and the food is amazing! I love Ethiopian food and this is one of the best places I've been to (after sampling them throughout the States). The avocado appetizer I've never had at another Ethiopian place; but it's delicious! The vegetarian entrees were delicious and my dining companions said the meat dishes were the same. The place is casual and kid-friendly.

• Visited August 2013

Memphis, Tennessee
“Awesome!!!!”
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Love this place! A friend brought me and my two sons for dinner and it was fantastic! The service is good, the food is great! Very highly recommend a meal here. Even my picky son ate well.

Visited June 2014
Coffeyville
“Definitely a unique experience!”
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

We tried Meskerem purely on a whim. Had no idea what Ethiopian cuisine would taste like, but we had a little idea of what it would probably look like after seeing an old Anthony Bourdain episode showing him visiting an Ethiopian place in DC. SO, we figured "why not?"

We had a hard time deciding on a dish so we ordered a vegetarian combination plate and a meats combination plate, planning to share both with each other. The food comes out presented on a big, crepe-like, spongey, sourdough flatbread. It is very flavorful, and all was very good and quite filling. We each had items that we preferred the taste of more or less than other items on the platter, but left quite satisfied and very pleased. It was a lot of fun trying to figure out the least messy way to eat with our hands... You may not want to wear a white blouse or shirt while eating here, by the way.

The staff is friendly, the atmosphere is relaxed and casual. It is definitely an experience you should try if you are open to culinary adventures!

• Visited May 2014
Canada
“Excellent Ethiopian food in a lovely setting”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I enjoyed eating at this restaurant on a recent trip to St. Louis. I hadn't tried Ethiopian food before, but went with a friend who was keen to introduce me to it. The restaurant is charming and comfortable, and I loved the food. We ordered the Meskerem Combo, which allowed me to try five different entrees in smaller portions. Everything was delicious! The baklava for dessert was quite nice, too. Looking forward to trying Ethiopian again.

• Visited April 2014
Wolfeboro, New Hampshire
“Well Done:”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Was in St. Louis for a weekend and was lucky enough to have friends who knew of this spot. Our meal was perfect. All the meats were tasty and not over-cooked. The vegetables were inviting and perfectly spiced. Definitely try Ethiopian food...and try it here

• Visited March 2014