“Delicious!”

Neighborhood: Tower Grove
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Delicious!”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I was a little apprehensive of trying the food at Meskerem. I am a little nervous about eating food that is unusual or different. I was brought here by my 18 year old step daughter who has eaten here several times with friends. She ordered the vegetarian platter and it was delicious! The bread was spongy, thin, and oh so good! The lentils were seasoned perfectly. The cabbage and green beans/carrots were delicious as well. It was quite a surprise and WAY better then I was expecting. The food was brought out quickly. We sat in the side room and the chairs were not very comfortable. Otherwise restaurant definitely worth a try! We will be eating here again!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Jessica B

Columbia, MO
“Better the second time around”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

So the first time we went to this restaurant we did not have a good food experience. Because of all the positive reviews, after two years we decided to give it another try. The second time around it was much, much better. We will make this a more regular destination. Service was a little slow, but it was a Friday night, and if you know a little about the area, it's always packed and parking is a nightmare. If you want to give it a try, I would recommend going at an off time.

Troy, Illinois
“Try a new culture - you won't be dissapointed”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Let's face it - American food can be very bland. Why not try something from a totally different culture for a change. We recently visited Meskerem and was pleasantly surprised. We ordered the meat platter for 2, the vegetarian platter for 2 and I ordered the lamb. The vegetarian platter is a great choice for vegetarians!! We (5 of us) all shared the platters and ate more than our share and some more. The lamb was very tasty but a little spicy so if you like spicy, you'll love it. The meat platter was excellent!! I love the fact that you don't use silverware....you each get soft bread dough and use this to scoop your food up. Definitely will go back!

Nashville, Tennessee
“Unexpected find in middle America”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My daughter went here for dinner. Food was great as was the service. Very authentic. Don't ask for silverware. Use your fingers.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Authentic and delicious!”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

My husband and I decided to try Meskerem a few years ago and fell in love with it. It would be safe to say we crave it every now and then. We take our children there often as well as all of our out-of-town guests. The kids love the novelty of eating with their hands. The food is amazing! We were fortunate to be able to travel to Ethiopia twice last year and were pleasantly surprised at how comparable the food in-country was to that at Meskerem. It is just like you would be served in Ethiopia (except the meats are better quality here). The atmosphere is a fun change and even feels a little bit like Ethiopia.

• Visited January 2014