“Authentic Italian at the Hill”

Guido's Pizzeria and Tapas
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: The Hill
Cross street: Hereford
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Wonderful atmosphere and great authentic Italian food. Located just outside St. Louis in the area know as " The Hill" known for it's many fine Italian restaurants. There are a number of restaurants in this area.

The restaurant has a full bar and serves on Sunday. Many of the other restaurants in this area are closed on Sunday at lunch except Guido's.

You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I really enjoyed this restaurant. It was a quaint place with a homey feel. The food was excellent, and the staff was friendly. I have eaten there several times, and I try to make it back there whenever I'm in St. Louis.

1  Thank jmiller3091
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was our third time having ever eaten at Guido's. Every time we've driven through St. Louis, it has been on a Sunday and Guido's is the only restaurant on the Hill it seems that is open on that day. The last two times, we were blown away by the food! Toasted ravioli...so good! The first time we ever ate here, we had their pizza and fell in love. So, this last weekend when we were driving through on a Sunday, we stopped in to get some toasted rav, salads and pizza. Again, blown away with the toasted rav and salads, but our pizza was a little disappointing. We ordered the Margherita Pizza, which includes tomato, basil and mozzarella. I was disappointed mainly with the mozzarella. It had no flavor and was very rubbery; I could tell from that it wasn't fresh mozz. This seemed very out of the norm to what I've experienced there! So...next time, I will substitute the mozzarella cheese for some provel!

1  Thank jcr6fd
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I just love it. Mom and pop, literally and figuratively type place on the hill that serves both St. Louis style Italian along with Spanish tapas and entrees. What a treat. I've had their pasta dishes with nice spicy and tasty meat sauce. Their tapas are very reasonably priced and are tasty. If you are out by the zoo, drive a couple miles south to the St. Louis Hill. What a great place to enjoy great food.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stopped in when we were at The Hill. Spaghetti and pizza were very good a reasonably priced. Good dining experience!