TrapezeSTL Circus Harmony Flying Trapeze Center
Review Highlights
Fantastic Experience!

There is no rush like flying trapeze and the team here is great at helping everyone succeed. They... read more

Reviewed July 25, 2018

from $70.00
from $14.00
from $15.00
More Info
All reviews bring socks sunscreen instructions encouraging instructor
Selected filters
Reviewed July 9, 2017 via mobile

Our nieces, 9 & 11 years old, tried this for the first time on a Saturday morning. The class of 7 people was a mixture of kids and adults. I was very impressed with the professionalism, attention to safety, and way the four staff members interacted with the class members. They took the time to answer all questions, and they communicated well to both kids and adults. Their instructional style was effective, encouraging, and even humorous. There was no pressure to try something if someone was not comfortable with it.

Tips: It is outside, bring water and sunscreen. There is a shaded area to sit when waiting your turn to go. Bring socks. Check their Facebook page as they sometimes have a promo code for a discount.

Date of experience: July 2017
2  Thank AbbyStLouis
Reviewed August 28, 2016

My 14 year old daughter and her friend finally got to partake in this amazing experience today after being rained out in June and having to cancel due to injury one other time. It was well worth the wait! They had so much fun! The staff here is top notch. They are so friendly and so good with the clients. They are patient and let the girls work at their own pace and never forced them to do something they didn't wish to try. My daughter is a daredevil and couldn't wait to try everything, but her friend got scared when learning the release and catch move, and they never made her feel bad nor did they try to make her do it. They just told her to get back up on the platform when she felt ready and to just do fly aways and back flips if that was what she was comfortable doing. The experience itself starts with learning the basic moves on a low hanging practice bar. When ready, those moves are then taken to the trapeze in the air. After being comfortable with hooking knees, releasing hands and reaching, the participants then are tutored in learning how to be caught by a staff member on the other trapeze. My daughter loved going from one trapeze to being caught on the other! She can't wait to go back and learn some other trapeze moves!!!

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank Wilfam1985
Reviewed November 24, 2015

After the AMAZING time I had last year with Circus Harmony and their intro trapeze class, I knew I just HAD to do it again. Luckily, Circus Harmony had a special this weekend for buy one get one free! I signed up for the Saturday afternoon time slot. I was lucky that there were only 5 of us in the whole class (which made for the perfect # of turns).

If it is your first time, they have you learn how to hook your knees, hang upside down without your hands, and (by the end of the class) get caught by one of their staff who is hanging from another trapeze. Since I was a return customer, they had me work on a new trick, which involved a release. I had a choice of two releases (heel vs. split) and went with the heel release (which I would highly recommend).

Similar to last time, I had a FANTASTIC time. I just can't get over how much fun this place is. In fact, this might be the most entertaining thing I've tried in St. Louis. They have the group on the trapeze within 15 minutes of the start of class, which is great. I also could not get over how incredibly friendly, helpful, and entertaining the staff are. Even when you mess up, they are ridiculously encouraging and always point out the parts you did well.

In addition to the BOGO, I also bought a 5 pass (which you can use for yourself and friends). I can't wait to return again later this summer.

Just a few last notes...this probably isn't the best thing to do if you're afraid of heights (in case that's not obvious). Second, the location is a little confusing. It is located right next to the Hard Rock Cafe. Third, you can either do metered parking (2 hours should be sufficient) or park in the lot next to Hard Rock (which is $3 for the first hour and $1 for every half hour after that). Finally, they have classes every single day of the week (except Monday) from about April to October.

In sum, this is one of the best things to do in St. Louis! I'd highly recommend you check it out.

Reviewed September 21, 2015

My 11yo daughter absolutely loves this place. We've been twice this year and will most likely look into private sessions next year to learn some different tricks. The staff is fabulous!!!!!!!
I would love to try it but there's no way I could get my knees up on that bar. It's fun to watch the kids. The smile on their face when they flip off the net says it all!

Reviewed September 18, 2015

I've resigned from my day job and decided to run off with the Circus! OK, not really, but what an awesome experience! We are adrenaline junkies and are all about trying everything in life. This fit the bill for our trip to St Louis! We've traveled all over the world and finally able to cross this off my bucket list.

We were fortunate enough to have a "private" class as my husband and I were the only 2 signed up. Max per class is 8 people. I called ahead and asked for discounts and they offered a bring a friend discount of $10 off/person. Earlier in the season they mentioned they offered a groupon and also noticed they had a 15% coupon at their facility near Union Station.

We were fortunate that there was no Cardinals game and street parking was 2 blks away. 75 cents. Otherwise, I believe parking is $5 at Union Station.

3 instructors to work with us. Very patient and did a good job of explaining what to do. Required a bit more upper body strength than I had anticipated in order to do the back flip and knee over the bar trick. However, to just "swing" anyone should be able to do. I was able to do the catch/release trick and was thrilled beyond belief at how exhilirating that was!

The 1st step off the platform is a doozy! After that then the adrenaline kicks in!

Highly recommend!!!