“Food as it should not be...”
Review of Panera Bread

Panera Bread
Order Online
Ranked #875 of 3,331 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Reviewed September 12, 2018

Usually come here and everything is fine. Have ordered the bowls several times. Yesterday, we had a meeting and one of our group went to pick up the called in order. I had ordered the Vegan Lentil Quinoa Broth bowl (I'm not vegan but out of all the bowls, it had the least amount of sugar in the ingredients - why do you need to add sugar!!). When our order was picked up, the person was told to go to the cashier and they were told they were out of the Vegan bowl and instead substituted a vegan sandwich and charged the same. First off, I don't eat bread but was going to have the veggies off the sandwich. It was the saddest sandwich. One thin slice of tomato, some slices of red onion and a few scraps of lettuce. Seriously....this is your idea of a vegan sandwich! You had no other veggies to put on it??

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed August 13, 2018

Was staying in a nearby hotel and visited this restaurant a number of times. The menu includes some good but standard sandwich items. However their menu also includes some soup options which we liked a lot and which are not to be found in most other restaurants. They also offer a large selection of breads and sweet pastries. The restaurant operates on a self-service basis and the system is quite efficient. I also visited the downtown Panera Bread restaurant and this is quite nice and welcoming inside whereas the Forrest Park Avenue venue has a run-down feel.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed October 11, 2017

always know we can get a good meal, when traveling we often look for and stop at their eateries. fast service, good food. their bearclaws are to die for.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed August 21, 2017

We had been in a car all day and wanted to have a quick dinner in the comfort of our hotel room. We placed the order online, paid for it online and then given a time that our order would be ready. Walked to the restaurant and the order was ready!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed July 31, 2017

Went to Panera's on Saturday to grab a "quick" sandwich for dinner, prior to heading to the Muny. I can tell you that I was not ready for what I experienced.

GLACIER paced service. We were in line for nearly 20 minutes before we even had our order taken. We would have used the kiosk service, but my friend had a special order for his salad, which is not possible with the kiosk.

So, there we stood, forever... waiting to give our order. The cashier was pleasant and didn't seem anxious or anything, which I was glad to see. However, I WAS disappointed that she basically had NO urgency. It was odd. As if she didn't realize there was a line of people waiting to have their order taken.

Then, we finally get to the waiting line. In the interim, I got my watermelon, strawberry lemonade "freeze". When they handed it to me, I thought surely there was a mistake. It didn't look all that appetizing. I took a sip and it was odd in flavor, not anywhere near cold and didn't taste like any kind of freeze I had ever had. Won't make that mistake again.

So, we continue to wait and wait and wait and wait. FINALLY, my order is called. Nearly 40 minutes total in a Panera...for a TO GO order? Funny thing was the person who handed me my sandwich said, "oh, you've already drank your lemonade". I wanted to tell him that I could have drank 3 or 4 of them in the time it took to get ONE sandwich.

I saw the signs posted everywhere. Rapid.. FAST.... and wondered, what line should I have entered to receive that service?

Won't be back there.