“You can put on pounds just smelling the air.”

Bailey's Chocolate Bar
Ranked #5 of 89 Dessert in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Lafayette Square
Saint Louis, Missouri
“You can put on pounds just smelling the air.”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Chocolate in the air. chocolate paired with beer,chocolate martini,chocolate everything.Best place to take a date.

Visited October 2011

Saint Louis, Missouri
“looks better than it tastes”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Phenomenal ambiance. The menu looks fantastic too. Unfortunately the food doesn't taste as good as it sounds and is pretty pricey. Still worth a trip. Great for a romantic date.

St Louis
“Fun date night”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Bailey's is a fun place for date night or just people watching with your friends. In the times I've visited I have seen wedding proposals, awkward first dates, girls night out, and everything inbetween. Great drinks, good desserts, but if you are looking for a savory meal this isn't the place.

Visited April 2012
Gainesville, FL
“My Favorite Indulgence in St. Louis”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I don’t live in St. Louis but have visited three times on business the last few years, and have gone to the Chocolate Bar every time. On my first visit, it was just my friend and me and we were there for dinner, rather than dessert. We each had the “Missouri” pizzetta - “Local Mushrooms, Roasted Garlic, Mahon, Asiago and Gruyere” – wow, what great flavor! Garlicky and cheesy and salty and earthy – I’m getting hungry just thinking about it now! We were lucky enough to have excellent weather so we sat on the back porch and had a leisurely, wonderful meal.

The next visit was with a group of five, after already having dinner at Mango (delicious!). Were there for dessert and drinks and were not disappointed. Since we had already eaten I was trying very hard to be good and not over indulge, so ordered something small, the Chocolate Hazelnut Pot de Crème – “A Petite Dessert served with Fresh Whipped Cream and Toasted Hazelnuts”. Petite but packed a big flavor punch! Colleagues had a number of other items, including the build-your-own cheese plate (served with bread, dried fruits and nuts), the Blondie (“Studded with Toasted Pecans and White Chocolate and served with Vanilla Ice Cream and Caramel Sauce”), and drinks such as the chocolate martini and the chocolate stout. What a great end to the evening!

Finally, on a recent trip my friend and I went back for dessert and tea. The Blondie I had seen on my previous visit was calling, and I was not disappointed! The Blondie was moist and delicious and when paired with the caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream it was incredibly decadent. Couldn’t finish and I really hated leaving those last few bites.

On every visit service has been excellent with waitstaff making us feel at home and as valued customers. The little chocolate chip cookies that they offer gratis are delicious and very much appreciated. You can probably tell by now that I am addicted to Bailey’s Chocolate Bar, and will absolutely visit every time I am in St. Louis. I only wish we have something similar here in north-central Florida.

Visited April 2012
“Pricey but worth it!”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I paid for a group of 3. We each had 3 chocolate alcoholic beverages and only one "sample platter" plus 2 slices of cake...with a price of $145!!! So...only go if you are ready for the expense...it is WELL WORTH IT but too pricey for a return trip for me!

Visited July 2012