“Fish and Chips in St. Louis!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Scottish Arms

Scottish Arms
Reserve with OpenTable
Scottish Arms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #81 of 2,874 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Central West End
Cross street: Forest Park Parkway
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Fish and Chips in St. Louis!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

Really good Fish & Chips. Occasionally, everyone gets the urge to indulge in authentic fish 'n chips like one finds in London, but in St. Louis that isn't all that easy. Go to Scottish Arms next time.

Visited August 2012

Saint Louis
“Great Pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Great Scottish pub in Saint Louis to take advantage of good food and great people. I recommend the Scottish eggs or go with the Chef's special.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Saint Louis
“Almost like being in the old country!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Having been to numerous pubs in England, Wales, and Ireland, I can say that the Scottish Arms provides an excellent take on a British pub: dark paneling, excellent drinks, and very good pub food with an authentic Scots menu. I ordered their famous fish and chips: the lightly beer-battered large filet of haddock was hot and juicy tender on the inside, perfectly golden brown and crispy on the outside. I did not want to douse the fish in tartar sauce, so I dipped my chips in it instead. It was better than most F&S I've eaten "over there." The server was friendly, efficient, and well informed on the preparation of the food, dessert (homemade, she said), and drinks. My friend enjoyed the lamb shank: it was delicious and so tender it fell off the bone. He pronounced the Scotch very fine. His wife loved the duck special and her Rusty Nail. We didn't try the haggis for some reason...but next time, soon, I will try the Shepherd's pie and then the curry.
PS: the peas were al dente, not mushy, and prepared with butter, onion, and herbs. Better than British peas (that's not hard to do). Food is reasonably priced in the midrange. The tables were filled Friday night, and the atmosphere was friendly and exciting and authentic.

Saint Joseph, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was rather disappointed here. What attracted me to this place was that servers dressed in kilts and it looked like their menu was somewhat decent (and it had great reviews). First off, where were the bagpipes? Lol. Upon entering this was a bar...it reeked of booze and cigarettes. Our waitress had just got done pounding cigs, as she didn't spray anything and stunk pretty badly. I ordered the lamb burger with goat cheese and an imported tap beer. The beer was flat :( I ordered the lamb burger medium and it was RARE...I think I ate around 1/2 of the $14 burger. Fries were good but not anything special. My girl ordered a rice dish (can't remember the name), but it was loaded with curry and there was not really much else in there besides rice. It was super spicy. Neither of us enjoyed the place...there are much better places to eat in St. Louis in my opinion. Go to the Broadway Oyster Bar, that place rocks!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Ryan B
“Great Scott!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

This was my first visit and I can't wait to go back. The menu has something for everyone. I had the bacon wrap sirloin and it was delicious. Our party of four enjoyed the meal as well as the drinks. They have Guinness on tap and a wide selection of beer.There are many traditional Scottish dishes on the menu + the atmosphere of the building adds a lot of charm. Our party of 4 bill added up to less than $90. I was pleasantly surprised. I highly recommend the Scottish Arms on Sarah street in St Louis. You may see me there.

• Visited September 2012