“I always love going to Sameem's!”

Sameem Afghan Restaurant
Ranked #73 of 2,957 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani, Persian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Sameem is the first and, for the time being, only Afghan restaurant in the entire state of Missouri. Predominantly serving traditional Afghan cuisine consisting of lamb, chicken, hearty stews, kabobs, chops and rice dishes. We also cater to the vegetarian population, offering a number of tasty pastas and vegetarian entrees. Afghan style possesses a very balanced and delicious flavor. When it comes to service, we stand by our name. Our food is consistently excellent, both appetizing and delicious, and we serve very generous portions at reasonable prices. The dining room atmosphere is classic and elegant. Our restaurant has already received numerous awards, such as being named "One of the top 5 new Restaurants in 2005" by The St. Louis Post Dispatch, "The Best Middle Eastern Restaurant in 2006" by River Front Times Magazine, and the "Concierge Preferred Business of 2007" by Concierge Magazine. If you have never had Afghan food, please visit Sameem and you will become forever a fan. History Established in 2005. We are the only Afghan Restaurant in the State of Missouri. We opened in 2005 and have achieved numerous accomplishments such as the best 5 new restaurants, Best Middle Eastern Restaurant, Meet the Managers Qayum Mohammad Fahime Mohammad My brother/partner and I came to the States in 1991 to escape turmoil in Afghanistan. We started our restaurant Careers at Old Warson Country club as busboys and worked our ways up to the ranks of waiter and supervisor. One day my brother bought me a meal to work that his wife had cooked. I shared the food with co-workers who were curious what I was eating. After they tasted it and immdeately said "You guys should open a restaurant serving this food". One Sunday the two of us were taking between shifts break at the employees dinning room and my brother opened The Sunday paper and Noticed a restaurant for sale. He immediately said " I swear if we open an Afghan restaurant there, we will be very successful" And we did so.
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Whenever we discuss food with friends or people I meet, I always ask them if they have been to Sameem's. The menu has good choices with something for everybody. The food is delicious and the meals are well priced. The owners are gracious and happy to share their space and food with us. This is a must try. No alcohol is served but you can bring your own without a fee.We have been many times.

1  Thank ShariKami

Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

We love checking out new eating experiences had never tried Afghan cuisine, so on our weekend getaway, this was definitely a place to try.

Let me tell you, the spices are delicate and wonderful, the food is exquisite, the service excellent.

Friendly, helpful staff are happy to answer questions or clearly describe unknown dishes to you.

Both of us thoroughly enjoyed our meal and would definitely go back again if given the chance.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I thought the food would be good based on the reviews I read, but not THIS GOOD! So great! Definitely worth a visit!

Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

A small unpretentious place - Sameem is extremely friendly and interesting - the appetizers were very good - the non-kabob entrees were of average quality - had a thinner than usual rice pudding for desert which was quite good - prices were fair

Reviewed August 16, 2013

The food is truly amazing. Its like an explosion of flavors in your mouth. Everything we've tried is worth having again. I can't decide on my favorite. The service is excellent as well. Everyone is very friendly.