“A Dining Experience!”

Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Forsyth, Bemiston
Description: Niche offers several ways to experience our cuisine: a four-course menu at $67 per person (dishes are priced a la carte as well), and a Chef's Tasting menu at $100 per person. In order to best serve you, we kindly ask that you note any dietary restrictions and/or aversions when booking your reservation. Thank you! Please note: On Monday evenings, Niche offers an experience entirely different than that offered the rest of the week. "Monday Night Suppers" feature a 3-course menu of rustic, hearty classics for $35/person. This is the exclusive menu offering on Mondays.
Missouri
“A Dining Experience!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went with another couple and did the chef's tasting menu. It was wonderful. I can't tell you everything I ate, but I loved it all. One of the dessert courses used Pop Rocks!

Visited March 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Doing some cool things here”
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Unexpectedly ambitious -- the tasting menu rocked. Great service complements the daring menu that shows StL has more than just beef & pasta options. The dehydrated carrots for dinner are definitely a must try!

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Very accommodating for special diets-and delicious”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Went to Niche last night as a guest at a birthday dinner party in the upstairs 'mezzanine' level. It was a large group and the 3 servers handled it superbly. I am vegetarian and gluten-free (so a huge pain to feed) and they made multiple adjustments to the prearranged tasting menu to fit my needs.

The food was innovative and interesting- best dining experience I have had in ages, and the wine pairings were excellent. I do not particularly enjoy rosé or sparkling wine, but was blown away by the pairing of the 'Timido Brut Rosé' with the eggshell full of maple custard, mushrooms, and (specially made) gluten free mushroom caviar. It was seriously one of the best things I've ever eaten- this would the the first course of my last meal, if I had a choice.

The other courses were awesome as well, and I left having eaten just enough to be full (nice to not be overstuffed). I will definitely be back to try the main dining room and see what else they can come up with for me.

It absolutely makes my day when a chef treats my dietary restrictions as a challenge rather than a 'problem'. There's a huge difference, and they clearly made the effort. I'll be singing their praises for a long while. Can't wait to return.

I'm not rating value or most of the other attributes, only because I did not pay for my meal. I have not seen a menu, but I'm assuming it was pricey. Since we had a private room, much of the ambiance was also lost on me but the big velvet curtains keeping the cold out at the entrance was a nice touch.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank jlswilton
Boca Raton, Florida
1,051 restaurant reviews
“Striving to be the best”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Had a wonderful meal tonight. Not flawless but great service and customer management overcame the following - second course service error, overcome in minutes; Cornish hen (fabulous) served lukewarm but replaced without fuss; one dessert was the only sub-par dish.

On the plus side, an excellent and innovative garlic soup; tasty yellowfin tuna; a lovely carrot presentation, as a substitute course; a creative satsuma and sage sorbet; a celery, lemon and gin Popsicle; the hen dish - succulent, and better hot than lukewarm; and a great trifle dessert.

We think it would be churlish to rate Niche as only "very good" - hence the Excellent rating

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank David G
STL
“New Location is Just as good”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very well done as always. Interesting ingredients prepared in wonderful and unique ways. We seem to not think we are going to get enough food, but always leave full. The knowledge put into each ingredient of each dish is just amazing. Not cheap by St. Louis standards but worth it if you can handle it.

• Visited February 2013