“Bring your credit card and an empty stomach.” 5 of 5 stars

Niche Restaurant
Ranked #125 of 2,800 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Forsyth, Bemiston
Description: Niche offers several ways to experience our cuisine: a four-course menu at $67 per person (dishes are priced a la carte as well), and a Chef's Tasting menu at $100 per person. In order to best serve you, we kindly ask that you note any dietary restrictions and/or aversions when booking your reservation. Thank you! Please note: On Monday evenings, Niche offers an experience entirely different than that offered the rest of the week. "Monday Night Suppers" feature a 3-course menu of rustic, hearty classics for $35/person. This is the exclusive menu offering on Mondays.
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Bring your credit card and an empty stomach.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My wife and I took our daughter to Niche's new restaurant on Forsythe in Clayton for her graduation based on the rave reviews we have read in the past. We all ordered the tasting menu and I am pleased to report that all the rave reviews were correct. We had a tasty and fun experience. Not all the courses were 10s but most were. It was even more enjoyable that the courses had highs and lows. The first course featured an amuse bouche in a green cream sauce and a maple custard topped with wild mushrooms and bonita caviar. This was a perfect kick-off to an inspiring meal. The potato soup featured a pine flavored marshmallow garnish which melted in our mouths and was an excellent complement to the soup. The main entree was a beef dish that had a smoked tallow powder. Very surprising and unexpectedly flavor packed. The only two misses was an experimental intermezzo that was a parsnip, lime and rum sorbet served in a bowl of whole limes and parsnips. The sorbet itself was in a mini-plastic freeze pop wrapper buried in the bowl of fruits and roots. The presentation was confusing and the taste was not pleasant as a palate cleaner. Since it was experimental the waiter provided us with an orange ginger sorbet which was excellent. The pre-dessert was a very good panacotta but unfortunately was overpowered by a celery granita. Celery lovers would probably like this dish though. We also ordered the wine pairing which was a very good match for the dishes. The pace of the meal was very brisk. We hope to plan a return visit as soon as our wallets are refilled.

• Visited January 2013

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Very Good, Very Expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Niche lives up to its reputation. This would be considered to some as a place for the wealthy and it basically is because it is nestled right in downtown Clayton and you are going to pay high costs for this experience. It was a wonderful experience and every plate is carefully prepared and presented. My wife and I joined our family for a Christmas dinner and I thoroughly enjoyed it (too rich for my wife’s tastes though). Both my wife and I had the 4 course meal which was paired with wines selected by the staff…a choice I would highly recommend. We started with the potato soup (excellent), my main course was the filet and my wife had the prawns (both simply outstanding). I also chose the foie gras which was just fabulous. My dessert was a foamed celery custard with pop rocks and it was beautifully creative and gave my mouth an experience I am not soon to forget. The cost for the six of us was $750.00 with tip. Very expensive and not something I can personally do often, however, I enjoyed every minute of it and I am glad that places like this in St. Louis exist.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank CAS44881
O'Fallon, Missouri, United States
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Went there for a birthday celebration, on a Monday when they have a special menu at a reduced price. The food was amazing, and they were very accommodating for gluten allergies even though it was a special menu. I have been to many, many restaurants in St. Louis and this one is by far my favorite. There is always something interesting on the menu to make you feel like you are going somewhere new.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank BrinerVision
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good Luck Getting a Reservation”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Since October, I have called numerous times and left messages on their reservation line numerous times. I have yet to receive a call back. I have even gone in person and been told that they can only take my request and have the reservations people call me back. Still never a call back. Perhaps they need to specify on their reservations message that they are probably not gonna call back and that people should go elsewhere. The food may be wonderful but their attitude is certainly rude enough to offset even the best cuisine.

Visited November 2012
Collinsville, IL
“MY FAVORITE LOCAL RESTAURANT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I've used Niche many times for business and personal related dinners over the past few years. . I have never been disappointed and more importantly neither have my guests. It is very exciting to have a restaurant of this caliber in St. Louis. In my opinion and that of a recent Wall Street Journal article, Niche has some of the most innovative culinary delights nationally, specifically their lobster dish.

• Visited October 2012