“Very Good, Very Expensive”
Review of Niche Restaurant - CLOSED

Niche Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Forsyth, Bemiston
Description: Niche offers several ways to experience our cuisine: a four-course menu at $67 per person (dishes are priced a la carte as well), and a Chef's Tasting menu at $100 per person. In order to best serve you, we kindly ask that you note any dietary restrictions and/or aversions when booking your reservation. Thank you! Please note: On Monday evenings, Niche offers an experience entirely different than that offered the rest of the week. "Monday Night Suppers" feature a 3-course menu of rustic, hearty classics for $35/person. This is the exclusive menu offering on Mondays.
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Very Good, Very Expensive”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Niche lives up to its reputation. This would be considered to some as a place for the wealthy and it basically is because it is nestled right in downtown Clayton and you are going to pay high costs for this experience. It was a wonderful experience and every plate is carefully prepared and presented. My wife and I joined our family for a Christmas dinner and I thoroughly enjoyed it (too rich for my wife’s tastes though). Both my wife and I had the 4 course meal which was paired with wines selected by the staff…a choice I would highly recommend. We started with the potato soup (excellent), my main course was the filet and my wife had the prawns (both simply outstanding). I also chose the foie gras which was just fabulous. My dessert was a foamed celery custard with pop rocks and it was beautifully creative and gave my mouth an experience I am not soon to forget. The cost for the six of us was $750.00 with tip. Very expensive and not something I can personally do often, however, I enjoyed every minute of it and I am glad that places like this in St. Louis exist.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank CAS44881

O'Fallon, Missouri, United States
“Amazing!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Went there for a birthday celebration, on a Monday when they have a special menu at a reduced price. The food was amazing, and they were very accommodating for gluten allergies even though it was a special menu. I have been to many, many restaurants in St. Louis and this one is by far my favorite. There is always something interesting on the menu to make you feel like you are going somewhere new.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank BrinerVision
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good Luck Getting a Reservation”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Since October, I have called numerous times and left messages on their reservation line numerous times. I have yet to receive a call back. I have even gone in person and been told that they can only take my request and have the reservations people call me back. Still never a call back. Perhaps they need to specify on their reservations message that they are probably not gonna call back and that people should go elsewhere. The food may be wonderful but their attitude is certainly rude enough to offset even the best cuisine.

Visited November 2012
Collinsville, IL
“MY FAVORITE LOCAL RESTAURANT”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I've used Niche many times for business and personal related dinners over the past few years. . I have never been disappointed and more importantly neither have my guests. It is very exciting to have a restaurant of this caliber in St. Louis. In my opinion and that of a recent Wall Street Journal article, Niche has some of the most innovative culinary delights nationally, specifically their lobster dish.

• Visited October 2012
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great food followed by great cocktails next door”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We ate here during a short trip to St Louis. We're pretty sure that we struck gold with this place. The food was delicious and the service was impeccable. The restaurant itself is very smart and has a great cocktail bar next door which seemed to be the place to be. If we went back to St Louis, this would be my first choice of places to go!

Visited September 2012