“Very Pleasant”

Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis at Forest Park
Ranked #3 of 122 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Arrived on a Sunday night and left on a Friday morning. Very pleasant. No complaints. The front desk and support staff are very nice and courteous, and the rooms clean and fresh. The breakfast location is well organized and the front desk offers a "to-go" breakfast in a paper bag if you need to grab and get going.

The location is great. Near many local attractions and not too far from the Delmar Loop. There is a Jimmy John's and a bar/pub next door, both with good food.

I would definitely return to this location.

Room Tip: Call the Highlander Pub to place an order so you dont have to wait around for food.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
lvarney1, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis at Forest Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Dear qbubbles;

Thank you for staying with us and leaving your nice comments in Trip Advisor. We are known for cleanliness and friendliess; I am glad that you experienced this during your stay. Come back and enjoy our Fresh & Clean bedding! Remember our great location, when booking your next vacation.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Clean duvets for every new guest, comfy beds with good support. Overall room cleanliness is above average. Breakfast has a variety of options - waffles, yogurt, fruit, cereal and 2 hot options like eggs or bacon/sausage every day. Located very close to St. Louis Zoo, Forest Park, the Loop.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
lvarney1, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis at Forest Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear TravelBug6650;

Thank you for finding consistency in our brand and our hotel. We do strive for this. Pleased that you enjoy our Fresh & Clean bedding! Come back - breakfast is on us!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I am a repeat customer at this property. I find it to be convenient to most attractions in the St. Louis metro area. This hotel has free parking, a hot breakfast and well maintained suites. On my last stay, with friends, they found the Pub on the property to be a big plus. It is convenient to have a full-service restaurant right outside the front door. Cab travel to local performance venues convenient.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the restaurant. The sounds the patio below can be heard several floors up.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
lvarney1, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis at Forest Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Dear venividinapi;

Always great to hear from a repeat guest. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments in Trip Advisor; it is greatly appreciated. Glad that your friends found the Highlander Pub & Grill, next door, and enjoyed it. They open, every day, at 11am for lunch and also serve dinner. They have a great selection of import beers. Our front desk can always arrange cab service for you. Come back quick - We Love Having You Here!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Terrific property. Looks new, well maintained, clean, comfortable, free breakfast, free WiFi, indoor pool and hot tub, friendly staff, plenty of free parking. Was perfectly located near everything we wanted to see and do including the Arch, the Zoo, Dogtown area, and more. The only negative was that the rooms did not have mini fridges or microwaves. When we return to St. Louis, this will be our hotel of choice.

1  Thank ViajeroJBW

Dear ViajeroJBW;

That you for speaking about our well maintained property. We have a great maintenance team that works well together and stays on top of things! When you return, please reserve one of our studio suites. They all have a mini fridge, microwave, larger flat panel TV, and separate sink from shower area. They are a great deal at just $15 more than our standard rooms. If you didn't get to visit the Delmar Loop, Central West End, or Historic Hill - you should upon your return.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Based on the reviews from others, I went ahead and made reservations. I wasn't expecting much so was very pleasantly surprised. It is in a great location, the people are friendly, the rooms are nice, and the breakfast was great. I tremendously enjoyed my stay there and will stay there again when I return to St. Louis. It is a newer hotel and very clean. I especially liked the pictures of the old Forest Park Highlands - it was a bit before my time but I had heard stories about it from relatives.

Dear ski_snorkel_fun;

Well, your review shows how important Trip Advisor is to those searching for a place to stay. Great to hear that we exceeded your expectations! We are located on the old parking lot of the Checkerdome that was imploded several years ago. There is a lot of history, right here, and our decor illustrates that. Glad you enjoyed the pictures! We will have a new lobby when you return!

Reviewed August 9, 2012

This hotel is located just of I-64 and is easily accesible from the Hampton Road exit off of I-64. There is also a handy ramp on I-64 if you approach from the West that will allow you to skip the Hampton Road Exit and go straight onto Oakland Avenue. When we arrived I was most impressed by the friendly fellow at the desk that took me outside to direct me where to park my large truck and U Haul trailer for the night. He then RAN back inside after finishing with me so that he could help some other customers with their problems or needs. He was a very friendly guy and he went out of his way to help me and the others present. The parking IS a bit hinky for large vehicles but they want to make sure you get parked OK. We settled in for the night after the usual check for cleanliness and bedbugs and were delighted to see they apparently take time to vacuum between the matresses. The staff was freindly and made a point to say hello each time we came off the elevator or in the main door. Breakfast was well attended, and was pretty good. I don't like turkey sausage and it seems that I always hit the turkey sausage day when I visit a Hampton Inn. The whole stay was uneventful other than leaving our son in St. Louis for the next four years of college and the wet eyes that went with that. I can assume that we will be writing several reviews for the area hotels in the next four years as well as the cities where the sports team travels to as our son plays for a local university. I did notify the front desk at checkout that the sticky strip that holds the carpet in place at the threshold of the bathroom in our room had some of the tacks sticking up out of the carpet edge and I discovered this the hard way. Fortunately it didn't puncture the skin on my foot. They said they would look into it. The air conditioner in our room was also a bit noisy when it ran and I think I woke up a time or two when it kicked on during the night. All in all it was a good stay for two nights. and I would return for the location and the service and cleanliness. I'd give it an A- grade for these reasons on this stay.

Dear papagrit;

Thank you for staying with us and leaving comments in Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you found our facility conveniently located to highway access. It is always nice to hear that our staff went the extra mile with one of our guests. We are known for customer service and cleanliness. We hope that you will continue to stay with us when visiting your son. Did you know that we offer a discounted rate with some of the universities in the area? Be sure to mention this when making your next reservation with our front desk; we do take all reservation calls in house. You can't go wrong, here, with our Hampton Guarantee. I can guarantee that the carpet / strip has been fixed. Our AC units are all indivdual and you may hear it kick on, from time to time, depending on what temperature you have the thermostat set for. We look forward to your return - We Love Having You Here!

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Stayed here one night to attend the Chinese Lantern Festival at the Botanical Gardens.
Cehck in was quick even though we arrived early they were able to accomodate us, with a smile!
The rooms were very nicely decorated with a tabel set up as opposed to the standard desk, great for in room dining! Clean and modern all around. The only down side was the 3 AM false alarm waking us up and everyone leaving the hotel, however this is not a direct fault of the hotel.
Breakfast the next morning was great, and even got a warm smile and "enjoy your day" on the way out.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
lvarney1, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis at Forest Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear travelnut;

Thank you for staying with us while attending the Chinese Lantern event at the Missouri Botanical Gardens. We are in a great location for this venue. I hear it is awesome, but have not been, myself. So glad that we had a room clean & ready at your arrival. We do run a high occupancy, here, and can not always accommodate early check ins. Pleased to hear that you found our staff to be friendly. We strive for cleanliness and customer service. Please come back and see us; we will have a new lobby by the end of this year.