“Nice and quiet”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Anaheim, California
“Nice and quiet”
Reviewed December 31, 2007

The hotel is relatively new, and we could see the a small part of the top left of the Gateway Arch from our room on the fourth floor. The room was clean and quiet. The beds were comfortable.

The rates are more expensive than other Hampton Inns, but it is near Forest Park (art and science museums). Access to the interstate can be difficult with the on-going construction. The hotel is across the street from the community college and near the science museum.

Beware of the neighborhood next to the science museum, as we saw most likely criminal activity in the commercial industrial complex next to the science museum the night we walked that area.

• Liked — Moderness
  • Disliked — Parking area and access to the main street
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed December 6, 2007

We stayed at this new Hampton Inn for three nights after checking out of the skanky downtown WS Hotel that we thought we'd be in for four nights. We moved from St Louis three years ago and were in town visiting family when we spotted this place and decided to try it. It's lovely! The front desk staff was always friendly and helpful, the place was clean and new, from the breakfast area to the elevators to the room. The bed was extremely comfortable, the bathroom had great water pressure and plenty of space with lots of clean fluffy towels. The place was charmingly decorated with wonderful photos and memorabilia from the amusement park that stood in the exact spot of the hotel in the 40s and 50s.

The only drawback of the place is that it's not in the best location if you don't want to travel far for meals, entertainment or sight-seeing. It's directly across from Forest Park which is great but as far as anything else you will need to drive a few miles. There is a sports bar attached to the hotel but if you are not in the mood for bar food (although the meal we got there was very tasty) or a very loud, bright environment don't go. Also two of the nights we stayed there were big football games and the bar was packed; upon returning to the hotel after being out all day there were absolutely NO parking spots. The front desk let us park in a no-parking zone and explained a parking garage is being built.

All-in-all a great experience, I'd highly recommend and return anytime!

• Liked — Cleanliness, comfort, helpful staff
  • Disliked — Limited parking
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed September 9, 2007

This hotel is about 5-10 miles from the arch and other downtown attractions. This was my first time in St. Louis, and after being there, I really wish I would have stayed closer to the arch. Granted, this was quiet (even though it's right next to a highway), but the price I paid (169.00 plus taxes) for one night was not worth it. The TV didn't work in the initial room we were put in. I called to have it fixed before we went out to eat. They stated it would be by the time I got back, but it wasn't. I called and the man at the desk said he was the only one there and wouldn't be able to help me tonight. I ended up moving to a room right across the hall. The door in my new room wouldn't fully close unless I forced it with all my power. As other reviewers have stated, the rooms are pretty big. We had 2 queens plus a sofa bed and it wasn't crammed in there at all. Basically, it was almost the size of 2 rooms of a standard hotel. The beds were nice-pillowtop mattresses, very comfortable and I did get a good night's sleep. This does have a mini refrigerator in the rooms. I just can't give this more than 3 stars because I could have stayed downtown for a cheaper price - even with a view of the arch. Next time I go to St Louis (which I do want to - it has plenty to do), I'm sure I won't stay at this hotel. As a side note, we went to the St Louis Science Center as they had a Marvel Comics exhibit while we were there. If you have little kids (under 10 for sure), then this is a neat place. Unfortunately for us (2 adults, 2 kids age 14 and 15), we paid 32.00 to go into the exhibit and were extremely disappointed.

• Liked — bed was comfortable - quiet
  • Disliked — location, lack of being accommodated to meet expectations, price
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank pcpro
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA
Reviewed August 21, 2007

Our room was spacious with 2 queens and a sofa bed. We stayed 3 nights. The location was great for seeing all the sites in St. Louis but not close enough to walk to anything - other than the theatre next door which wasn't in use when we were there. I don't like the split bathroom with with sink and mirror outside the bath but most hotels do this now so it's a minor gripe. Nice clean pool. Excellent breakfast. Convenient parking. The beds were comfortable. The only thing that keeps me from rating it 5 stars is that we had 2 broken lights and asked twice for them to be fixed or swapped out and they never got around to it.
Here is the rate we paid.
Rate Type:
AAA RATE-ID REQUIRED
Rate per night: 160.55 USD 04 Aug 2007 - 07 Aug 2007
169.00 USD 07 Aug 2007 - 08 Aug 2007

Total for Stay per Room:
Rate 650.65 USD
Taxes 104.04 USD
Total 754.69 USD

• Liked — Cleanliness and location
  • Disliked — Broekn lights not fixed
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family