“Beer Lovers Paradise!”

21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Beer Lovers Paradise!”
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Our latest visit to this bar was our best yet. The bartenders were wonderful-friendly and they knew a ton about their product. We planned on a drink or two but we stayed the night. Great food too! Bratwurst corndogs. yum!

Saint Louis, Missouri
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Good Beer Bar”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

My husband and I tried the Flying Saucer last night and were not disappointed. They offer a wide selection of beers on tap, and even more by bottle. We got there during happy hour (4-7 p.m. weekdays) and our drafts were $1 off, nice added bonus. Our bartender was incredibly knowledgeable and helped recommend the perfect selections based on our preferences. We also enjoyed a good meal, and nice ambiance, making it a great experience.

Visited July 2014
Thank RachelSt.Louis
Missouri
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 148 helpful votes
“Good Beer Bar....”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My husband and I decided to try this place after it was recommended by a friend of ours. This place is right by the stadium and I bet during baseball season this place is crazy. It was pretty quiet on a cold Saturday afternoon. I'm thinking this place is 21 and up only as a mom and teenage girl wandered in and were turned away. Atmosphere was pretty cool. This building was used by the railroad years ago. The ceiling beams are pretty cool. There is a pretty good size bar to sit at and a lot a table/booth seating throughout. They have a ton of TV's which I guess gives this more of a sports bar feel. The crowd on this day was definitely 30's and up. We sat at the bar to eat and drink. There are several beers on tap (I would guess at least 30) and a ton more in bottles. Draft beer selection was good. This place definitely shows off St. Louis area craft breweries - Perennial, Shafley, 2nd Shift, Urban Chestnut,..... But of course there are several different breweries not local to try as well. We ate as well. My husband had the Nachos, which he says were really good. I tried them, but I'm not much of a nacho person- so i can't speak of how good they compare to others. I do applaud the shear amount of guacomole on the nachos- usually restaurants seem to be stingy in this regard. I had the beer cheese soup. It came in a bread bowl, which was cool, but overall I have had a lot better beer cheese soups. It was like they threw a jar of queso and some beer together and called it beer soup. I thought our bill was a little high when all was said and done, especially for lunch...But I would return here just for the shear amount of draft beer to choose from. To note the bartender was very personable and provided great service.

Visited February 2014
Dubuque, Iowa
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Draft-a-mania”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Great atmosphere and tons of draft beer selections. Try the "Humming Bird Water"-awesome. Waitresses were very friendly. The food was good but nothing special. Just your typical frozen bar food. The "Hippie Burger" was nothing more than a frozen Morning Star veggie burger patty. The toppings that were supposed to be on it were petty scant if not nonexistent. Tasted OK though. Fries were excellent. Well seasoned and crispy. Watch out if you order anything that comes with queso. Queso soup is a better description, although soup is probably actually thicker than this. It was impossible to keep it on a chip, it dripped everywhere. We asked the waitress about it and she says that's the way it tends to be. She recommended adding salsa to it to make it thicker.