“Home from Home..”

Ranked #34 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
London, United Kingdom
“Home from Home..”
Reviewed January 18, 2011

We stayed here while my grandson Leo was having an operation at nearby Childrens Hospital. We stayed in total 31 nights and didnt experience a bad one. We requested a disabled adapted room ..got it. Requested a balcony...got it... requested near the lifts...got it. While we were there we had other relatives join us and extra bedding was provided at no extra cost. Everyone from the manager Bridie to the breakfast staf (hello Angie) were lovely nothing too much trouble and they went out of their way to provide tea kettles for us Brits. The rooms are large the bathrooms really well apoointed, the kitchen was a great thing to have, Every morning cleaned and serviced with replacement coffee and dishwasher powder provided. I genuinely cannot recommend this hotel enough especially if you are travelling from the UK for the same reason as us.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Debs_h48

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Korean first
NASC
Reviewed November 7, 2010

Some of the negative feedback from previous guests really doesn't seem befitting of this motel....possibly there has been a total turnaround of staff, and the motel itself, since their comments.

I was not the paying guest but spent a few nights with a family member who is relocating to St. Louis and had been staying there for a few weeks. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. Requested a few extra pillows and the pillows were brought to the room immediately. The room itself was spacious and very, very clean. The other areas of the motel that I saw were just as clean.

The breakfast was spectacular with a variety of cereals, bagels, muffins, danishes, fruit, eggs, sausage, etc. Was only able to attend the mgrs. social one night which was equally good. There was even free beer and wine.

The motel is located on the 'edge' town and not in the middle of downtown however it takes only a few driving minutes to get anywhere you would like to go downtown.

I had a very pleasant stay and would recommend this motel to anyone that is wanting lodging for either a short time or an extended stay. This motel provides many of the comforts of home that you don't find in alot of other motel chains.

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank outtagas
Murray, Kentucky
Reviewed October 20, 2010

Being from a small town in KY we thought it would be fun to take our children to St Louis MO for an extended weekend. Another family suggested we try the Residence Inn Marriott because they have kitchens in the room. I wanted to share with everyone that this suggestion was perfect for us. The room was huge, perfect for a family of four. The kitchen helped with the drinks and snacks we travel with (our kids are 7 & 4). The room came with breakfast which was good. Ask for the breakfast lady, Angie. She is the best! They have a shuttle that took us to all the local attractions including the Cardinals baseball game. The one thing my husband really liked was the parking at the Hotel. They have a large, secure lot. You do not have to valet park or walk blocks to creepy parking garages like some of the Hotels in the city. This was so easy considering all the stuff we travel with. We loved St Louis and are already planning a Spring break trip back. We will be staying at this Hotel!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed October 5, 2010

We selected this hotel for out of town wedding guests for our son's wedding and my husband and I stayed the night of the wedding as well. I was concerned when I read some of the previous reviews, however our experience was wonderful and our family was pleased as well. The staff was friendly and accommodating, the rooms were nice, roomy and clean and the food was good. For the wedding we received a group rate that included parking. I was very happy I chose this hotel for our guests.

Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
North Liberty, Iowa
Reviewed October 4, 2010

Small rooms, tacky, scratched and dented furniture and appliances, living room/kitchen area smelled like feces, looked clean on the surface until you looked closely, windows were filthy, hallways had stains everywhere, you could look at the furniture in the common areas and tell it was either old or very worn because it was lumpy and the fabric was stretched, pool and jacuzzi looked dirty as the paint was all chipping off, it was also really hot in the pool room, advertised that there was free wireless in the rooms but we had no connection so we asked the front desk and she said she knew nothing about it but gave us an "800" number to call. Also advertised that the parking lot was gated and that there was security from 7 pm - 7 am. It was gated but the gate was left open all night for anyone to come and go as they please and I saw no security anywhere and I was out several times to smoke. So they charge you an additional $10.00 a night to park in their lot that is not secured in any way and anyone can enter at anytime. They always say you get what you pay for......not this time!!!!! I'll stay at the Drury downtown on my next visit. My son brought a friend this time so I thought we needed 2 bedrooms and that's why we stayed here on this trip. What a HUGE mistake!!! It sickens me that I could have paid $100.00 for a clean and secure nights rest and instead paid $265.00 for an unsecure, dirty, tacky, smelly, sleepless night that my 12 year old didn't feel comfortable to even go to sleep because he didn't feel safe!!!! The location is ok if you want a view from afar and you like to be right next to the interstate. I prefer to have attractive surroundings especially if I'm paying $265.00 for a room!!!! We will never stay here again, ever!! I rated this "poor" because I have seen worse.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Arkanas
Reviewed August 2, 2010

I normally read reviews with reservation and never have I written one, until now. We stayed at the same hotel the previous year and had our "best stay ever" which is the reason we returned this year. This particualr hotel offers a shuttle service to and from all Cardinal games at Busch Stadium. Last year we attended two games in a row and each went into extra innings. One night the game wasn't over until 1:30 a.m. , but the shuttle service picked us up as promised. Well this year our stay was right out of a night in "The Twighlight Zone". We caught the shuttle to the ballgame and were told where to meet after the game. Same place each night. After the first nights game we met at the pickup point and were carried back to the hotel as promised. The second night was the night of living horror. When the game was over several guest ( 16 of us to be exact) met at the pickup point. I called the hotel to alert the shuttle. The young lady working the desk was very rude and told me that " the shuttle driver said we had better be there because he was not coming back!" and proceeded to hang up on me. A few minutes later a member of our group called the hotel again and was told that the shuttle was not coming. It was then that I called a second time and was told that the shuttle service ended at 10:30 p.m. The time at that point was 10;40 p.m. I demanded to speak to a member of management and was then abruptly hung up on. Before I could call back the shuttle arrived. We crammed all 16 of us plus the driver into the van. I was too angry to speak with anyone at the desk that night, thinking I would get some sleep and regain my composure. The next day my children and I went down to swim in the pool. The chlorine level was so high it burned your eyes when you enter the pool room. In contrast to our frightful events, the kitchen and the kitchen staff we the best in the land. Kudos to the kitchen! We spent 3 nights of a planned four night stay. We hurriedly left and headed back to my hometown of Paducah, Ky. where we spent 2 wonderful nights at the Residence Inn where the staff was awesome. St. Louis Residence Inn Downtown, never, never, never again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Kansas
Reviewed August 1, 2010

I think the headline says it all. Nothing is worse than a staff that can't solve a minor problem and mis-leads with false answers.

Definitely will never stay here again.

Stayed August 2010, traveled solo