“Roaches in kitchen”

Residence Inn St. Louis Downtown
Ranked #40 of 122 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed June 14, 2010

Loved it until I saw 3 roaches run for cover (kitchen counter) as i turned on lights at 2AM to adjust thermostat. We did not have any food in the kitchen either. Darn! I really loved it until then (friendly/accomodating staff, looked clean, family friendly, pool for our child). Old mattress too.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank travellerzdtxfy

Reviewed March 30, 2010

Author's Note: I appreciate candid reviews as found on Tripadvisor, and use the content to determine property stays for business & personal. While some are right on, others are way off - which I found to be the case for this property.
In town for the NTEA convention - EXCELLENT STAY including location, security, rates, cleanliness, attention to detail, and professional conduct as one might expect from a Marriott property. I stayed 3 nights receiving a warm reception and departure. The nightly manager's special included a simple, yet well rounded meal (FREE for guests) - Beef Stroganoff, Fish & Chips, Chefs Salad - all very tasty and well prepared. Carlos serves as property manager - trustworthy - leader. My 4th floor studio was well maintained, clean and comfortable. Everything worked as expected. Parking - previous reviews noted several break-ins. Since December, this property employs security from 7:00PM - 7:00AM, and upon my departure was the installation of an electonic security gate. I had no troubles, nor did my colleagues.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2009

My husband, 16 month old daughter & myself stayed here for 3 nights. Since we were traveling with someone so young, we brought food for her and loved the kitchen/dinette area to store the food and a place to feed her. Our first evening was Sunday and we noticed the garbage disposal didn't work. Within 5 minutes of calling the front desk, the maintenance man was at our door and fixed the problem.
There was a good variety of food for breakfast, and their "snacks" during the 5 &6pm hours (I believe it was those 2 hours) were more like a meal, so that saved money for us.
Everyone was friendly, had no problems. Plenty of parking (free) in their lot. If we are ever in St. Louis again we would come back here!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2009

2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a sofa bed. That's what sold it for us since we were traveling with family and friends. It was great to be able to share this suite and yet have privacy from each other. We weren't crowded. The kitchenette was nice and the complimentary breakfast was exceptional. The breakfast staff was the friendliest I have seen anywhere! The beds and pillows were soooo comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2009
Reviewed July 24, 2009

The hotel, staff and rooms were all wonderful. The breakfast and evening social were great. Say Hi! to Angie who always makes your breakfast better. And the shuttle service was good.
BUT>>>>> We brought our dog and from the first time I walked her in the doggie area, there was a Mockingbird that literally attacked me on the back of the head. It followed me and tried again I had to use the leash to swat at it to protect us. I had to avoid the area until I was forced to use it again due to sprinkling and this time my husband walked with me and the same %@!* bird went after me again and it went for my husbands face. Now I know where Alfred Hitchcock got the idea from. Unfortunately the bird was protected and the hotel mgr.'s hands were tied.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2009

I would stay there again clean,comfy safe comp. breakfast

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 12, 2008

I stayed here for 2 weeks for work. The hotel check in was terrible- I had to sit in the lobby for 2 hours while they checked in some conference. I truly felt like a second class citizen since I wasn't in the conference at the convention center. The bar service was laughable and over priced. The location is great for the convention center or casino- other than that it is far out from downtown.

Overall- terrible stay and won't stay again.

Stayed: May 2008